NAT Type

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Doublesouba

Doublesouba
3 years ago#1
In every CoD game I've played, my NAT type is open. But, for some reason, in this one it's strict. How do I change it back to open? My PS3 says my NAT is type 2, and it's always been type 2.
Drakengard 3 is announced! I won't remove this until I the game is released, to spread the word!
My backlog consists of 85 games, across 15 consoles.

Doublesouba
3 years ago#2
My friend is also playing on my internet, and his NAT type was open. It just switched to strict, but all last night it was open.
Drakengard 3 is announced! I won't remove this until I the game is released, to spread the word!

Doublesouba
3 years ago#3
Can anyone help? My friend is back to open and I'm stuck on strict. I've heard that having a strict NAT can put you in bad games, and I've been doing bad. I never do this bad in a CoD game, and it's getting really annoying. I've googled it and found nothing.

User Info: skychy

skychy
3 years ago#4
Every previous CoD I had open. A small percent of the time it went to moderate (less than 1%). All last night it was moderate. I couldn't ever get it to open. I did everything I could do (except port fowarding my routers, ect) because it was past midnight, and I felt I shouldn't have to do that anyways. I did an internet test and on the PS3 it was 25/5.

The funny thing is that I was always the first one into the game (45 sec countdown). I'm at a loss too. Once I get home today, hopefully its a little better.
www.icuclan.com We are a UAV clan that wins and more importantly has fun!

Doublesouba
3 years ago#5
Well, for me anyway, it's just been getting worse and worse...

User Info: patcooper114

patcooper114
3 years ago#6
mine says moderate but i have no lag so im leaving it like that. lol
psn= patcooper

User Info: ravens52bears54

ravens52bears54
3 years ago#7
I'm having the same issue.
haven'y had any other problems with previous games and no problems with Battlefield, Now all of a sudden I'm Strict.
Currently playing:
Battlefield 4 (PS3), Saints Row IV (PS3), Batman: Arkham Origins (PS3), Madden 25 (PS3), NCAA 14 (PS3), Crysis 3 (360), Killzone (Vita)

User Info: ravens52bears54

ravens52bears54
3 years ago#8
I actually just popped in BlOps 2 and it says my NAT is Open. It must be this game and I am having issues trying to party up with friends.
Currently playing:
Battlefield 4 (PS3), Saints Row IV (PS3), Batman: Arkham Origins (PS3), Madden 25 (PS3), NCAA 14 (PS3), Crysis 3 (360), Killzone (Vita)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived