How many hives in Extinction? *spoilers*

#1skermacPosted 11/8/2013 4:08:31 PM
Anyone know how many hives we have to destroy to get the Nuke to beat Extinction?

At the beginning it says destroy all hives, get the Nuke and return to the helicopter. I've made it past the 2nd area but everyone gets killed after that. Also is there an animation for the Nuke destroying the area?
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#2whizzperPosted 11/8/2013 4:41:19 PM
14 hives (semi random locations) and the nuke. When you get to that laptop everyone has to hit square to activate it, and you haul ass back to the entry point. Special animation...not really.
---
PSN: whizzper134
#3elcj1Posted 11/8/2013 4:51:40 PM
About 15 I think.
It's way too short.
You only get that 1 chapter, then that's it.

Once you get a decent team of 4, it'll get pretty easy. We had 3 of us with mics and one guy without but was a fairly competent player, and completed it on our first attempt together, with little problem.

I don't know about you, but once we completed it, we didn't feel like doing it all again. We wanted more levels. There are none.

It's the only thing we found enjoyable about this game. But I'm not prepared to pay that money, then wait months to pay more money for one new level as dlc, just for one game mode. Got a refund today :-/
#4skermac(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2013 5:14:11 PM
elcj1 posted...
About 15 I think.
It's way too short.
You only get that 1 chapter, then that's it.

Once you get a decent team of 4, it'll get pretty easy. We had 3 of us with mics and one guy without but was a fairly competent player, and completed it on our first attempt together, with little problem.

I don't know about you, but once we completed it, we didn't feel like doing it all again. We wanted more levels. There are none.

It's the only thing we found enjoyable about this game. But I'm not prepared to pay that money, then wait months to pay more money for one new level as dlc, just for one game mode. Got a refund today :-/

I figure after I get the nuke once I will be done with extinction until the next dlc map is released for it.

Thanks for the info everyone. The highest I've made it with randoms so far is hive 6. No one I know has this game yet so its all randoms for me. My friends are waiting to get the PS4 version but I didn't want to wait.
---
#5awesomephatmanPosted 11/8/2013 6:02:01 PM
How do you beat the very end? There's like 8 rhinos, and we've all died every single time.

Do you just need 1 person to make it to the helicopter?
---
http://www.backloggery.com/tinyraptor
Likes: The dog in CoD: Ghosts, Boardwalk Empire, Enlightened Synergy Kombucha Chia drinks
#6skermac(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2013 7:42:19 PM
awesomephatman posted...
How do you beat the very end? There's like 8 rhinos, and we've all died every single time.

Do you just need 1 person to make it to the helicopter?

Run? lol I don't know, haven't made it that far yet.
---