Can I play this game in offline mode with steam?

#1zaphron28Posted 10/30/2013 10:32:29 AM
In January I'm getting rid of internet. I'm planning on buying the box copy when the game comes out.
---
Chuck Norris likes to quick scope
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB7RPjtx2MQ
#2Tobelarone007Posted 10/30/2013 12:44:39 PM
I don't think so. When you sign in to steam you have to be online, then you can go offline after that. Also in past games zombies and combat training required an internet connection, even if you were playing by yourself. I don't know if it is like this for squads or extinction mode. If you can get steam to work offline you should be able to play the campaign, but that will probably only be about 4 hours long. I really love this franchise, but unfortunately if you are getting rid of your internet connection it is probably best that you skip this game and buy something else.

If you really want to play COD, the first Modern Warfare and World at War don't use steam, so you can install them on more than one computer. The updates and map packs are free and you don't need an internet connection to play zombies, or even multiplayer, so if you install the game on multiple computers and if you have a local network you can still play multiplayer when your friends visit without needing to buy several copies of the games.
#3PorterPosted 10/30/2013 8:19:09 PM
You may just need a connection upon install, and then go offline forever after that. This won't help you prior to release but as soon as I get the game I will report back with if this is possible or not.

The campaign, extinction mode and squad mode are the possible ways to play offline. I will check each out and let you know.
---
PSN: Zyvoximus||PC: 3770K, 8GB 2133, SLI 680 4GB, 512GB Samsung 830 SSD, 2x4TB HDD||Laptop:MSI GT60, i7-3610 CPU, 16GB, 680m 4GB, 1TB+750GB HD||Steam-JustPorter
#4xenosaga123Posted 10/31/2013 6:49:27 AM
consoles can play Squads offline.

it makes sense for PC to be playable offline for the single player supported modes too.

Steam seems counter convenience forcing online verification before you can play the game you bought offline.
#5zenaniPosted 11/8/2013 5:32:57 PM
It doesn't appear squads will be available offline, i just tried it and i only can select 'options' and 'online squad play' wont give me an option to go offline, and when in offline mode i try to go to online squad play it says i need to be in online mode.
---
fear the firey monk and flaming beast!