So... the PC community...

#1XxTwisted26xXPosted 10/30/2013 11:55:05 PM
How big is it compared to consoles? Just built a PC to game, but if there's mor eplayers on the PS4 version, I should just grab it on that no?
---
Steam: xxtwisted26xx
"When you play the games of thrones, you win or you die. Theres no middle ground" - Cersei Lannister to Eddard Stark
#2occupinePosted 10/31/2013 12:35:07 AM
pc community is pretty much dead, no matter how popular a game is or how well it sold, and that is especially evident in australia
---
I am the boil on the face of reality!
#3Azuma_NarooNPosted 10/31/2013 5:17:05 AM
Many more people will be on the PS3/PS4 version than PC.
---
Welcome to LOLFAQs, where anyone who disagrees with you is a troll.
"Hahahahahahaha" - Mara Aramov
#4acoustiphilePosted 10/31/2013 10:21:54 AM(edited)
occupine posted...
pc COD community is pretty much dead, no matter how popular COD is or how well it sold, and that is especially evident in australia where harsh ratings make it hard to get our hands on good games

Let me help you with that.

And, yeah, for the record the PC community for COD has been essentially nonexistent since COD4. Biggest communities this time around will be current gen consoles, because naturally that is where the biggest user base /install base lies.

Maybe that will change a few months into the release of new consoles, but I sort of doubt it.
---
3DS FC: 0920-0275-3610
#5occupinePosted 10/31/2013 10:23:27 AM
acoustiphile posted...
occupine posted...
pc COD community is pretty much dead, no matter how popular COD is or how well it sold, and that is especially evident in australia where harsh ratings make it hard to get our hands on good games

yes because MA is totally harsh for cod..yawn. There aren't many active PC games anymore. League of Legends, Dota 2 and possibly the bf series. Rome 2 was a flop, shogun 2 wasn't that active after 6 months, assassins creed multiplayer is just bad in general and is usually dead on ps3 (at least in australia). You really cannot blame ratings. If you are blaming ratings, then you must be some child who can't get the game because they aren't 15
---
I am the boil on the face of reality!
#6Ryyaann_Is_BandPosted 10/31/2013 2:19:28 PM
XxTwisted26xX posted...
How big is it compared to consoles? Just built a PC to game, but if there's mor eplayers on the PS4 version, I should just grab it on that no?

Pretty big. There's always a huge active playerbase whenever CoD comes out. You won't have any troubles finding a game for at least a year.
---
http://i.imgur.com/VgwJRED.jpg
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VanillaRice-1752/hero/337193
#7acoustiphilePosted 10/31/2013 3:21:30 PM
occupine posted...
acoustiphile posted...
occupine posted...

yes because MA is totally harsh for cod..yawn. There aren't many active PC games anymore. League of Legends, Dota 2 and possibly the bf series. Rome 2 was a flop, shogun 2 wasn't that active after 6 months, assassins creed multiplayer is just bad in general and is usually dead on ps3 (at least in australia). You really cannot blame ratings. If you are blaming ratings, then you must be some child who can't get the game because they aren't 15

Or maybe you are just a child without the funding to build a decent gaming pc? PC gaming is anything but dead.

It's 3 in the afternoon here and there are 33k active CSGO players alone. Games on PC hardly, if ever, die because community support continues (and is allowed to) long after developer support ends.

There are still active UT2K4 servers.

COD, on the other hand, usually dies REALLY fast on pc. Black OPS 2 only has 608 players in game as I type this. GO is far older. Back under your bridge.
---
3DS FC: 0920-0275-3610
#8XxTwisted26xX(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2013 4:28:11 PM
Gah... Hmm, I guess it would be better to buy it on PS4 then huh? Dang... was hoping to utilize my new specs too :/
---
Steam: xxtwisted26xx
"When you play the games of thrones, you win or you die. Theres no middle ground" - Cersei Lannister to Eddard Stark
#9Azuma_NarooNPosted 10/31/2013 6:32:37 PM
Didn't CS GO come out in 2012, same year as BO2? Don't see how it's "far older".

Anyway, CS has been one of the most popular online MP games since its inception.

TC wanted to know which platform would have more people, and it's the consoles. That's how it's been since CoD4 came out.
---
Welcome to LOLFAQs, where anyone who disagrees with you is a troll.
"Hahahahahahaha" - Mara Aramov
#10SmackpwnPosted 10/31/2013 7:05:30 PM
PC gamers play BF instead of COD because its much more PC oriented, you have chat room, server browser, player run servers with diffrent rules, and large battles that are supported better on PC, COD ghosts has none of that

IW and Treyarch also killed the pc community by not having dedicated servers for PC, even though they have that now its just to little to late