So... the PC community...

#11occupinePosted 10/31/2013 7:24:55 PM
acoustiphile posted...
occupine posted...
acoustiphile posted...
occupine posted...
pc COD community is pretty much dead, no matter how popular COD is or how well it sold, and that is especially evident in australia where harsh ratings make it hard to get our hands on good games

Let me help you with that.

yes because MA is totally harsh for cod..yawn. There aren't many active PC games anymore. League of Legends, Dota 2 and possibly the bf series. Rome 2 was a flop, shogun 2 wasn't that active after 6 months, assassins creed multiplayer is just bad in general and is usually dead on ps3 (at least in australia). You really cannot blame ratings. If you are blaming ratings, then you must be some child who can't get the game because they aren't 15

Or maybe you are just a child without the funding to build a decent gaming pc? PC gaming is anything but dead.

It's 3 in the afternoon here and there are 33k active CSGO players alone. Games on PC hardly, if ever, die because community support continues (and is allowed to) long after developer support ends.

There are still active UT2K4 servers.

COD, on the other hand, usually dies REALLY fast on pc. Black OPS 2 only has 608 players in game as I type this. GO is far older. Back under your bridge.

so because a single game is active, with only 33k players (imagine if it was on console, console would have so much more), that means the pc community isn't dad? My gaming PC is actually very good, only got it this year, cost me 1200 dollars to build, not including the 200 dollar BenQ monitor, 100 dollar coolermaster recon mouse and 200 dollar razer black widow ultimate
---
I am the boil on the face of reality!
#12Wasted_SpacemanPosted 10/31/2013 8:05:01 PM
occupine posted...
so because a single game is active, with only 33k players (imagine if it was on console, console would have so much more), that means the pc community isn't dad? My gaming PC is actually very good, only got it this year, cost me 1200 dollars to build, not including the 200 dollar BenQ monitor, 100 dollar coolermaster recon mouse and 200 dollar razer black widow ultimate

Planetside 2
Arma 2 / 3
Borderlands 2
CS:GO
Starcraft 2
DOTA 2
League of Legends
Final Fantasy XI
Final Fantasy XIV
World of Warcraft
Guild Wars 2
<various other F2P MMO's that don't have millions of subscribers but are still thriving>
Battlefield 4
Team Fortress 2
The Sims (whatever version is out currently)

These are just SOME of the games that either I play personally or that friends play, and I know for a fact have thriving online communities and a massive player base. Massive meaning (to me) that there are countless message boards, "clan" websites, etc. dedicated to people who play these games, and that even at off-peak hours you are still able to enjoy online play.

I'm sure there are several, if not dozens more.

And you think the PC community is "dad"? (I think you meant "dead.") Let me guess, you were a Gillard supporter. Right?
---
biggerfish445: "How do people hack into servers? Aren't they adequetly protected?"
mattagascar: "yea, you can milk anything with nipples"
#13occupinePosted 10/31/2013 8:12:09 PM
Wasted_Spaceman posted...
occupine posted...

Planetside 2
Arma 2 / 3
Borderlands 2
CS:GO
Starcraft 2
DOTA 2
League of Legends
Final Fantasy XI
Final Fantasy XIV
World of Warcraft
Guild Wars 2
<various other F2P MMO's that don't have millions of subscribers but are still thriving>
Battlefield 4
Team Fortress 2
The Sims (whatever version is out currently)

These are just SOME of the games that either I play personally or that friends play, and I know for a fact have thriving online communities and a massive player base. Massive meaning (to me) that there are countless message boards, "clan" websites, etc. dedicated to people who play these games, and that even at off-peak hours you are still able to enjoy online play.

I'm sure there are several, if not dozens more.

And you think the PC community is "dad"? (I think you meant "dead.") Let me guess, you were a Gillard supporter. Right?

my keyboard has problems (as I am not on my gaming computer right now), so quit acting like a child rich kid. League is only popular in australia because of the lack of a tribunal, tf2 is full of children who discovered a cheap call of duty, the sims is just sad.. if WoW was on console, guess where most of the playerbase would go. I didn't know that ff11 was EVER popular, I struggled to find players 2-3 days after the release of borderlands 2, and that was with a good connection. I have been meaning to pick up guild wars 2 though. Still, that is not a very big list when compared to consoles, showing just how much pc community has died off over the years
---
#14acoustiphilePosted 10/31/2013 9:26:12 PM
occupine posted...
acoustiphile posted...
occupine posted...
acoustiphile posted...
occupine posted...
pc COD community is pretty much dead, no matter how popular COD is or how well it sold, and that is especially evident in australia where harsh ratings make it hard to get our hands on good games

Let me help you with that.

yes because MA is totally harsh for cod..yawn. There aren't many active PC games anymore. League of Legends, Dota 2 and possibly the bf series. Rome 2 was a flop, shogun 2 wasn't that active after 6 months, assassins creed multiplayer is just bad in general and is usually dead on ps3 (at least in australia). You really cannot blame ratings. If you are blaming ratings, then you must be some child who can't get the game because they aren't 15

Or maybe you are just a child without the funding to build a decent gaming pc? PC gaming is anything but dead.

It's 3 in the afternoon here and there are 33k active CSGO players alone. Games on PC hardly, if ever, die because community support continues (and is allowed to) long after developer support ends.

There are still active UT2K4 servers.

COD, on the other hand, usually dies REALLY fast on pc. Black OPS 2 only has 608 players in game as I type this. GO is far older. Back under your bridge.

it is on console.... seriously, back under your rock, with your imaginary pc.
---
3DS FC: 0920-0275-3610
#15occupinePosted 10/31/2013 9:34:36 PM
that, I did not know. I really don't pay much attention to consoles. And it is not imaginary. I'm looking at it right now. Not as powerful as I would like but still powerful
---
#16Azuma_NarooNPosted 11/1/2013 5:42:15 AM
PC communities are far from dead. I seriously dunno where you're getting this bull**** from.
---
Welcome to LOLFAQs, where anyone who disagrees with you is a troll.
"Hahahahahahaha" - Mara Aramov
#17arik87Posted 11/1/2013 11:17:59 AM
I feel smart every time I visit this board. It amazes me how CoD kiddies think the world is so centered on them, to the point that they don't realize CoD is unpopular on the PC because most PC gamers see CoD gamers as console plebs. PC communities are huge, but not for CoD.
---
This message brought to you by Webster's Dictionary. Fighting Ebonics since 1994.
#18occupinePosted 11/1/2013 11:56:51 AM
arik87 posted...
I feel smart every time I visit this board. It amazes me how CoD kiddies think the world is so centered on them, to the point that they don't realize CoD is unpopular on the PC because most PC gamers see CoD gamers as console plebs. PC communities are huge, but not for CoD.

because cod is the only game I play on PC right? Would you like to see the large list of games in my steam library? And what about all the ftp games I have played? over the years, the population of many games has been going down. The community is dieing
---
#19vgamer10Posted 11/1/2013 5:43:29 PM
occupine posted...
arik87 posted...

because cod is the only game I play on PC right? Would you like to see the large list of games in my steam library? And what about all the ftp games I have played? over the years, the population of many games has been going down. The community is dieing

Don't know if your games are only being locked to your country dude, but I'm still able to find games to play as far back as Aliens vs. Predator 2 with non official servers. Really, nothing is dead or dying and the amount of people PC gaming has been growing.
---
PSN: Baxtab13 ------- XBL: Baxtab13 ------ Steam: Baxtab
#20SmackpwnPosted 11/1/2013 7:00:44 PM(edited)
It might have had a good community with its dedicated servers, but with a ridiculous 8gb of ram recommended requirment and 50 gig install people are not going to buy this, especially with steam and its no refund, a COD game requiring double the ram of the best looking games on the market just screams craptastic port and disconnection between IW/Microsoft and the average PC gamer

The statement about all PC games having dead community is wrong, only crappy ports or games not worth having a community lose their playerbase, PC communities can range from moderate to massive, LoL is still the number #1 most played game of all time and its PC

But i think for the first 2-4 months COD ghosts on PC will have a good chunk of people, but most people will get bored in 2 months of it and be quiting anyway for the next best thing, just in time for Titanfall