Improving the graphics?

#1kevinbelmontPosted 11/11/2013 10:46:38 AM
Not trolling here guys, but any way to improving the graphics in the game? The graphics aren't terrible but when I look for long distances, the image seems blurry and badly pixelated. I don't recall Black Ops 2 looking this bad at a distance. Anything I need to bring up in my settings? I have a 660ti with an i7 and 16GB of ram.

Thanks a bunch in advance.
---
Its the magic of risking everything you have for a dream that nobody sees but you.. --- MDB
PSN - Kevinbelmont. Currently Playing - KZ3, MvC3, GT5, NFS:HP, RDR
#2sin_shenronPosted 11/11/2013 12:32:16 PM
Nor that I can run this on max, but just for the lulz I put everything on Extra and maxed out to see how it looked and to my surprise the game still looked terrible

I would even dare to say it looked even worse than in Xbox 360... then I asked my friend t run it with his superior PC to see if it was my GPU and no, it still looked bad (like textures resolution are very crappy in this game, no matter in which resolution)

I run BLOPS2 (which is much more optimized for PC) with better FPS (because even people with good GPUs have trouble running this crap), better graphics and better everything (technical standpoint)
---
"Live as if you were to die Tomorrow. Feel like you were to be Reborn now. Face as if you were to Live Forever"
FFVII DoC.
#3St34lth24Posted 11/11/2013 2:43:39 PM
kevinbelmont posted...
Not trolling here guys, but any way to improving the graphics in the game? The graphics aren't terrible but when I look for long distances, the image seems blurry and badly pixelated. I don't recall Black Ops 2 looking this bad at a distance. Anything I need to bring up in my settings? I have a 660ti with an i7 and 16GB of ram.

Do you have FXAA on or any other AA? Turn it off. I've heard that the AA messes up the game.
---
(╯□)╯ ︵ ┻━┻
#4kevinbelmont(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 4:41:49 PM
St34lth24 posted...
kevinbelmont posted...

Do you have FXAA on or any other AA? Turn it off. I've heard that the AA messes up the game.

I am currently at work. I could've sworn that was off but playing the game strains my eyes at times because of the pixelation =| . Just wished to know if others encountered this and saw a fix for it. I will update this from home tonight, thanks for the reply.
---
Its the magic of risking everything you have for a dream that nobody sees but you.. --- MDB
#5kevinbelmont(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 4:43:22 PM
sin_shenron posted...
Nor that I can run this on max, but just for the lulz I put everything on Extra and maxed out to see how it looked and to my surprise the game still looked terrible

I would even dare to say it looked even worse than in Xbox 360... then I asked my friend t run it with his superior PC to see if it was my GPU and no, it still looked bad (like textures resolution are very crappy in this game, no matter in which resolution)

I run BLOPS2 (which is much more optimized for PC) with better FPS (because even people with good GPUs have trouble running this crap), better graphics and better everything (technical standpoint)

Glad and disappointed at the same time that I am not the only one. Hmmmm. I may give the game a break until a patch comes out (crosses fingers) because it actually hurts my eyes trying to make out enemies from the distance.
---
#6St34lth24Posted 11/12/2013 7:02:57 AM
kevinbelmont posted...
St34lth24 posted...
kevinbelmont posted...

I am currently at work. I could've sworn that was off but playing the game strains my eyes at times because of the pixelation =| . Just wished to know if others encountered this and saw a fix for it. I will update this from home tonight, thanks for the reply.

This might be because you have Image Quality (Internal Resolution) set on high or lower. Set it to Extra and it should look less blurry. If you have it on anything lower than extra it'll just upscale to your current resolution. IE you have it on 1920x1080 and image quality is set to high it'll render in 720p than upscale it to 1080p.
---
(╯□)╯ ︵ ┻━┻
#7DarthTyrannus83Posted 11/16/2013 3:34:04 PM
Maybe its the depth of field option?
---
http://www.last.fm/user/DarthTyrannus83
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii93/DarthTyrannus83/1zojllg_zpsaa92c30e.jpg
#8Ryyaann_Is_BandPosted 11/17/2013 10:25:20 AM
St34lth24 posted...
This might be because you have Image Quality (Internal Resolution) set on high or lower. Set it to Extra and it should look less blurry. If you have it on anything lower than extra it'll just upscale to your current resolution. IE you have it on 1920x1080 and image quality is set to high it'll render in 720p than upscale it to 1080p.

Yeah what he said. Game looks great on Extra.
---
http://i.imgur.com/VgwJRED.jpg
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VanillaRice-1752/hero/337193
#9WyzeGyePosted 11/17/2013 3:26:51 PM
put image quality to extra (i've had decent luck with 2xAA your experience may vary), turn everything else to normal or off.
---
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/GCJ
http://youtu.be/JsGR60VNgYI - updated 11/14/2013
#10Fleks07Posted 11/18/2013 3:19:23 PM
kevinbelmont posted...

I have this game completely cranked up, and I'm not noticing any of what you're mentioning. It's very sharp and crisp. The graphics aren't bf4, but still a step forward from Blops 2. Is your rig powerful enough to cap out the graphics?