Why is this rated E10?

#1PaperDolphinPosted 6/4/2013 9:53:05 PM
Hopefully for something that makes it different from the first three games. Remember, Partners in time had some pretty dark moments such as Toads getting their life energy sucked out to be used as fuel for ships, and it was rated E.
---
Waddle Dee and Toad for SSB4!
#2BeanBeanKingdomPosted 6/4/2013 10:42:45 PM
Curiously enough, it seems to be still rated 3+ in Europe. So, will there be something that annoys ESRB but not PEGI? I can only think of sexual contents.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#3Master_GamerPosted 6/5/2013 12:57:59 AM
I assume because it's 3D now. You can get away with beating the everloving **** out of Goombas with sprites, but I guess a 3D Koopa shell is crossing the line.
---
http://youtu.be/n5Drq_YW0Gs http://youtu.be/dK-Z0Ts-jVc
Mega Man rocks.
#4KoopalmierPosted 6/5/2013 1:46:46 AM
Kirby's Return to Dreamland was also rated E10+ by the ESRB but 3 by PEGI.
I'm almost sure the reason for that is the amount of cartoon violence, and possibly Magolor's second form being creepy as hell.

I doubt this game will have anything worse than the previous ones.
---
Ono suspects Mario could easily defeat M. Bison.
#5PaperDolphin(Topic Creator)Posted 6/5/2013 9:52:46 AM
Koopalmier posted...
I'm almost sure the reason for that is the amount of cartoon violence, and possibly Magolor's second form being creepy as hell.

Kirby games are more violent than Mario though. Kirby has you slashing, stabbing, smashing, shooting, burning, electrocuting, eating, and beating the **** out of innocent creatures.
---
Waddle Dee and Toad for SSB4!
#6TectonicImprovPosted 6/5/2013 11:42:44 AM
PaperDolphin posted...
Koopalmier posted...

Kirby games are more violent than Mario though. Kirby has you slashing, stabbing, smashing, shooting, burning, electrocuting, eating, and beating the **** out of innocent creatures.

Exactly, Kirby is terrifying.

Also he pissed off on the box art.
---
Yo yo yo 1 4 8 3 to the 3 6 to the 9, representing the ABQ. What up, ******!
Majora's Mask is overrated. People who agree: 25 (PM your opinion, good, or bad.)
#7HiiiiiTechnicalPosted 6/6/2013 6:12:56 AM
PaperDolphin posted...
Koopalmier posted...

Really? Despite the way of beating Enemiees, I always found mario games darker than Kirby. But then again it's hard to compare because both the series are rated E anyway so there isn't a lot of mature themes
---
And so I strike, like an unseen dodgeball in an echoing gymnasium
#8SkyminxyzPosted 6/6/2013 9:16:02 AM
What are you on about TC? Because I just checked and it says Rated "E for everyone" on the home page for this game...

Unless you have a link that says otherwise of course.
---
Official Oshawott of the Pokemon BW 2 Boards
"Stating your opinion on GameFaqs is a declaration of war" - anonymous.
#9StephenYap3Posted 6/6/2013 9:45:21 AM
Skyminxyz posted...
What are you on about TC? Because I just checked and it says Rated "E for everyone" on the home page for this game...

Have you checked Super Mario Wiki?
---
Awaiting for NEW Paper Mario, Final Fantasy (Classic style), Kirby, Donkey Kong, Fire Emblem, and Mario Sports Mix successor on Wii U...
#10evillockePosted 6/6/2013 11:32:46 AM
StephenYap3 posted...
Skyminxyz posted...

Have you checked Super Mario Wiki?

Derp
---
I like making stupid topics.
Warning: This post may or may not be a stupid post.