Mario and Luigi have their own Bros. Attacks

#1Indigo209Posted 6/20/2013 1:18:09 PM(edited)
Watch GameXplain's Real World footage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKun68Jrqv4&feature=youtu.be&a

If you pause at around 10:58, it shows Mario's Bros. Attacks, which consist of 3D Red Shell and Jet-Board Bash. But if you pause at around 11:29, you can see that Luigi's available Bros. Attacks are 3D Green Shell and Dropchopper.

I guess they're taking some inspiration from Superstar Saga and giving each brother their own movesets, which is pretty cool.

(Sorry if this is old.)
#2VeghEstherPosted 6/20/2013 2:53:13 PM
Its nice and all the only thing I hate is that you need to do those mini games just to use those which can get annoying very quickly.

So for any battles that aren't boss ones you better off IMHO using the normal jump/hammer commands only.
#3Luigi4PresidentPosted 6/20/2013 3:24:34 PM
VeghEsther posted...
Its nice and all the only thing I hate is that you need to do those mini games just to use those which can get annoying very quickly.

So for any battles that aren't boss ones you better off IMHO using the normal jump/hammer commands only.

Isn't that for a lot of RPGs? Regular attacks for normal enemies and special attacks for the boss types.
---
Everytime I find the key to success, somebody changes the locks.
#4megasoniczxxPosted 6/20/2013 5:18:54 PM
Luigi4President posted...
VeghEsther posted...

Isn't that for a lot of RPGs? Regular attacks for normal enemies and special attacks for the boss types.

Also, the attacks aren't that long to begin with.
---
Time to blast off with sonic speed
3DS FC: 1204-0472-2121
#5StephenYap3Posted 6/20/2013 6:26:58 PM
Well, that's a must. Bring back the hand powers and this is instant midnight Day 1 buy!*

*I'm still buying it, regardless...
---
Awaiting for NEW Paper Mario, Final Fantasy (Classic style), Kirby, Fire Emblem, Bomberman, and Mario Sports Mix successor on Wii U...
#6VeghEstherPosted 6/20/2013 8:47:28 PM
No most/if not all RPG's I played have the special attacks being used right away they don't involving playing a mini game in mid battle to do so.

Though FF8 is 1 of the few that's a exception ie press R2 with the correct timing for Squall's, doing fighting game combos's for Zell's etc but those aren't special attacks in FF8 just their limit breaks.
#7tinynewtmanPosted 6/20/2013 9:27:27 PM
I think he meant that general practices are just attacking regularly for normal enemies, but using your mana-consumable and limited-quantity attacks in important or difficult fights.
---
Just call me Newt.
Looking forward to:Super Smash Bros for 3DS and Wii U, Mario and Luigi: Dream Team, Ghost Trick 2?, TWEWY 2??
#8megasoniczxxPosted 6/21/2013 10:22:23 AM
VeghEsther posted...
No most/if not all RPG's I played have the special attacks being used right away they don't involving playing a mini game in mid battle to do so.

Though FF8 is 1 of the few that's a exception ie press R2 with the correct timing for Squall's, doing fighting game combos's for Zell's etc but those aren't special attacks in FF8 just their limit breaks.

Wouldn't this complaint kind of apply to the first one too (since under this logic all of the special attacks involving button pressing throughout the series are "minigames").
---
Time to blast off with sonic speed
3DS FC: 1204-0472-2121
#9SpunkySixPosted 6/21/2013 12:12:19 PM
megasoniczxx posted...
Luigi4President posted...
VeghEsther posted...

Also, the attacks aren't that long to begin with.

Yeah, I like the attacks, this is good to see.

And hey L4P, what's up? Long time no see!
---
Tissue to the extreme!
I'd like to be a tree.
#10VeghEstherPosted 6/21/2013 12:31:39 PM
But that's just it you just press buttons only some of the attacks in Dream team require to move the 3DS left and right to use them as well.

So for me I don't mind the attacks in Super Star Saga at all I do mind using them in this one when not in a boss fight unless you fight like 8 enemies at once.