Nommon Ring Challenges Impossible?

#1McbasilrocksPosted 7/25/2013 12:26:58 PM
After going at this for nearly an hour, I'm convinced. I'm trying to do the ring challenge for the two regular Pi'illos in Somnom Woods (not the Pi'illo Masters, it's optional) and I SWEAR that some of the ring challenges they give you are actually literally impossible. As in, you can't do them. In which case, that's just outright poor design. They'd be manageable if they didn't have the Nommons popping up all over the place, but because you can't land on them I'm convinced you can't do at least 60% of the puzzles the game chooses from to give you. So far, I've managed to beat two. TWO. And I've been going for nearly an hour. So, question: has anyone else found them borderline, or indeed actually, impossible, and if not could anyone perhaps give me a quick guide as to how to do them? I'll post specific puzzles if that helps. Thanks.
---
Heh. So you actually pay attention to these signatures? Cool.
YT: http://tinyurl.com/bltveuv
#2BeanBeanKingdomPosted 7/25/2013 12:29:54 PM
Lol, I was just like you while doing them, but they're actually all possible. Just don't press A once the rings come up and study the layout, you can take as long as you want to figure out the correct path. Remember that if the game gives you what seems like a lot of time for the challenge, you're generally expected to move to outer spaces to get around obstacles. Anyway, post specific challenges if you want to and I'll try giving you the solution.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#3BlueMage82Posted 7/25/2013 12:36:04 PM
If you do the optional ones again do you get any coins or items as a reward? Does anyone know?
#4BeanBeanKingdomPosted 7/25/2013 12:38:57 PM
I played them again for a while and they give you nothing.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#5BlueMage82Posted 7/25/2013 12:41:14 PM
Pft stupid Nommons. :P There's one I still can't figure out by the way, some others took me a long time indeed.
#6Mcbasilrocks(Topic Creator)Posted 7/25/2013 1:21:05 PM
Alright, screw it. There's one I need help on in particular, so I'm posting it here.

You start in the centre. There's a vertical ring to your right, and a horizontal one below that. Above you is a horizontal ring, to the left of which is a horizontal ring, and then a Nommon. To your left is a horizontal ring, then another, then a Nommon two above that. Below that is another horizontal ring, and there's a vertical ring below the first horizontal ring to your left. Oh, and there's a pointless Nommon towards the upper left.

This is the last one I need. Hopefully you guys can figure out from my description which one it is. Any help would be appreciated. Not gonna try it til I get a reply, too paranoid.

Thanks.
---
#7BeanBeanKingdomPosted 7/25/2013 1:41:29 PM(edited)
I'm on it right now, TC. Sixteen seconds to do it, right? Lemme have I shot and I'll get right back at you.

EDIT: Holy crap, this had you stumped? Right, down, down, left, left, left, up, up, right, down, right, up, up, left.
---
#8Mcbasilrocks(Topic Creator)Posted 7/25/2013 1:47:08 PM
BeanBeanKingdom posted...
I'm on it right now, TC. Sixteen seconds to do it, right? Lemme have I shot and I'll get right back at you.

EDIT: Holy crap, this had you stumped? Right, down, down, left, left, left, up, up, right, down, right, up, up, left.

*facedesk*
*facedesk*
*facedesk*
*facedesk*
*facedesk*

HOW DID I NOT SEE THIS. HOW. I HAVE OFFICIALLY LOST MY WILL TO LIVE.

Seriously, though, thanks. I owe ya one. Actually, never mind. Given what's just transpired, I'm probably too stupid to owe anyone anything. But, really, thanks. Helped me out no end.
---
#9BeanBeanKingdomPosted 7/25/2013 1:56:06 PM
Don't blame yourself too much, I was also close to giving up on many of them thinking they were impossible and badly designed... But sometimes you just need to take a break and think outside the box a little bit, you'll see things much more clearly then.

Also, I'm a Professor Layton nut, so I always eventually get this kind of puzzles. :P
---
#10BlueMage82Posted 7/25/2013 2:28:35 PM
Just drawing them out on graph paper more or less and then puzzling helped me with those too.