Am I underleveled for the final area?

#1upfrontewe54Posted 8/31/2013 6:08:51 AM
I just got to Neo Bowser's Castle and Mario's at Lv29 and Luigi is Lv31. The enemies are noticeably stronger, do a lot of damage and are hard to dodge, and I get a crapload of EXP from them. Is this normal or am I underleveled? What is the recommended level for the final boss?
---
(Enter signature here)
#2FullMetalBoxPosted 8/31/2013 6:38:03 AM
upfrontewe54 posted...
I just got to Neo Bowser's Castle and Mario's at Lv29 and Luigi is Lv31. The enemies are noticeably stronger, do a lot of damage and are hard to dodge, and I get a crapload of EXP from them. Is this normal or am I underleveled? What is the recommended level for the final boss?

You're underleveled. I was around level 34 at that point. For the final boss, I'd recommend somewhere about level 37 (or so I've heard)/ level 40 (rank up).
---
3DS FC:3136-7029-5128 Name:Ralph
jellyfish is helping yes
#3upfrontewe54(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2013 6:40:04 AM
Oh great now I have to spend a half hour or so to EXP grind. Thanks for the help!
---
(Enter signature here)
#4Ro9gePosted 8/31/2013 7:13:09 AM
I was around level 35 for the final boss and it was fine. It was still difficult, but if you know which attacks and badges to use, they aren't that hard to exploit a bit. I'd say just go through the castle (it's quite long, so you'll get some levels there for sure), see where you're at, and grind then if you're still worried.
#5KoopalmierPosted 8/31/2013 7:54:52 AM
Underleveled. I was level 37.

Just go through the area as normal, since you'll get lots of EXP anyway.
---
Ono suspects Mario could easily defeat M. Bison.
#6papermariofan69Posted 8/31/2013 8:58:56 AM
So underleveled. You should've battled more/ all the time so you'd at least be at Lvl 35 when you reach NBC and then reach Lvl 38-40ish when you reach the final boss.
#7GhoullyXPosted 8/31/2013 11:00:02 AM
What I'm curious about is how you got Luigi 2 levels higher than Mario. Exp boost rank perk?
---
"Jokes are like cheese, OK? Sometimes the best ones stink the most!"
#8upfrontewe54(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2013 11:12:50 AM
GhoullyX posted...
What I'm curious about is how you got Luigi 2 levels higher than Mario. Exp boost rank perk?

Short Answer: Yes

Long Answer: Heck yes!
---
(Enter signature here)
#9Hiroshi_MishimaPosted 8/31/2013 12:27:57 PM
I'm most of the way through Somnom Woods now, and I've just hit Level 36 for both bros. I find leaving the Miracle/Master badge combo on and using it whenever you fight Golden Beanies or enemies that'll give you 1000+ EXP when used are a great way to level up.

I actually ran into TWO of the GBs in one of the Pi'Illo Masters' dream areas. I don't actually deliberately grind, I just clear out all the enemies whenever I get to a new area, and so far it's seen my levels staying pretty good.
#10PT_PiranhaPosted 8/31/2013 12:51:54 PM
I beat the final boss with both of them at level 36. If you're at the start of the castle, your levels shouldn't be too bad, but you'd do well to take care of some grinding. And I also equipped the new gear/weapons from the hutch in front of the castle, made the level a lot easier.
---
Remember, don't take video games too seriously- Plenty of GameFAQs users will do that for you.
-Official Kira of GameFAQs-