WWE 2k15 to concentrate on Monday Night Wars?

#1Y2J1223Posted 9/18/2013 10:02:43 AM
So with the attitude era and wrestlemania modes done now do you believe we are being set up for a Monday night wars showdown as the main selling point for 2k15?

After all with Goldberg and Hall recently signed to a deal Hogan apparently on his way out of TNA with Bischoff not so far behind. Flair, Luger, Macho, Nash, Booker and DDP appearing in games as of late. All that is left is Sting and maybe Steiner as the major players. Sting could be WWE bound by Mania and Steiner wouldn't be that difficult to get. The WWE side of things would be set with the attitude roster from wwe 13 with maybe a few more like Blackman and Owen. You would have Big Show, Jericho, and Rey alt WCW gear.

Could you imagine a universe mode with raw and nitro with guys switching shows like the good old days or WCW themed events like Halloween Havoc and War Games or DLC involving ECW wrestlers.

What do you guys think? I just miss the 90s!
#2spongemonkey26Posted 9/18/2013 10:07:42 AM
While i would love a Monday Night Wars themed 2K15, you would hear a lot of complaints that it is too similar to the Attitude Era.
---
GT: Kilo in NorCal
#3RayReptilePosted 9/18/2013 11:50:10 AM
While I like that idea, I think the best way to do that, would be to do a completely original story, instead of us having recreate history.

Example of what I would write...

Booker T is Smackdown's General Manager.... after Mr. McMahon comes in and tells him he's doing a horrible job of being a GM, Booker vows to "change things." The next week, on Smackdown, Goldberg runs in through the crowd and spears the World Heavyweight Champion. The following weeks feature different attacks backstage, in the parking lot, in the ring, etc, by former WCW superstars. This leads Mr. McMahon back to Smackdown to ask Booker what he's doing letting all this happen. Booker quits and announces he's starting up WCW again to put WWE out of business for good. It would be a mixture of an Invasion angle and a new WCW in the game.

Introduce a match rating system, kinda like Smackdown 2, where matches are rated and how the crowd responds. You can play through both RAW and Nitro, to have your own Monday Night Wars. The story would run... 3 years or so. At the end, either WWE or WCW would go out of business due to lower ratings for too long.

Obviously I'm just typing this and haven't given it a WHOLE lot of thought.
---
Member Since 2002
#4Y2J1223(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2013 12:49:15 PM
I was thinking more of a GM universe hybrid. I'm done with the recreate modes the past two years. It will outweigh itself by next year. I would prefer two rosters of around equal wrestlers. You pick a side or both and try to outdo the other by putting on better matches, ppvs and such. You have a budget and when that wrestler contract expires you have to see if you can afford to keep him. Then you an also try to keep wrestlers happy by booking them properly. Deal with injuries and the most awesome feature would be free agency where you can pluck a WCW or ECW wrestler into your ranks.
#5SILKAPosted 9/18/2013 2:05:23 PM
Actually WWE 13 focuses on the Monday Night Wars, the Monday Night Wars spanned the Attitude Era.
---
"The Doom of the Atronach makes cats cry. Or was that in the Prequel." - Uncle Sheo
#6Lil_ant55Posted 9/18/2013 4:06:04 PM
Steiner will be hard to get.
Triple H screwed Steiner and that will always be remembered. Steiner hates Triple H and the company for various reasons. So, in order to get him in he better be getting a more than a good amount.
---
Follow on twitter @lil_ant55
#7Lil_ant55Posted 9/18/2013 4:07:27 PM
Like the idea but would also like ECW in the game too seeing wwe also owns them too.
---
Follow on twitter @lil_ant55
#8AustinCrossPosted 9/18/2013 4:39:01 PM
SILKA posted...
Actually WWE 13 focuses on the Monday Night Wars, the Monday Night Wars spanned the Attitude Era.

I must have missed the entire nWo storyline in that game somehow.
---
Shoutout to sidewalks, for keeping me off the streets.
GT: EnemyInYourHead
#9spongemonkey26Posted 9/18/2013 5:34:29 PM
Lil_ant55 posted...
Steiner will be hard to get.
Triple H screwed Steiner and that will always be remembered. Steiner hates Triple H and the company for various reasons. So, in order to get him in he better be getting a more than a good amount.

Actually I heard from another guy who is an amateur wrestler, that met Steiner at a house show and said would have loved to be in 2K14 but was never called.
---
GT: Kilo in NorCal
#10orr34Posted 9/18/2013 8:42:08 PM
I love this idea.
---
---
You N'wah!!