Will the commentary finally be as good as other 2K Sports games?

#1Louis275Posted 10/12/2013 7:31:41 AM
Also I can't wait to see the next gen version.
#2dasean010Posted 10/12/2013 7:52:29 AM
Lol no
---
XBL: Dasean010
#3SebastiaaaaaaanPosted 10/12/2013 8:16:14 AM
No, Yukes is still developing it, meaning it's the same robotic, pausing commentary.
---
"There are only two people in this world. Doers and Don'ters. Don't be a don'ter. Do be a doer!"
#4Edbean1977Posted 10/12/2013 8:18:47 AM
I hate to jump on the negativity bandwagon, but the videos have kind of already proven that commentary lacks. J.R.'s health is too poor for him to perform (he sounds very disinterested and monotone so far) and while King sounds more excitable, there are still some really 'off' calls. Such as ABA Taker's entrance, they're like 'these 2 are ready for a fight!' or something, when ABA is the only one out there.

Its not a major thing to me, I'm pumped for the game and buying it day one, but I go into them with pretty low expectations for the commentary. :P
#5KHWyvernPosted 10/12/2013 8:21:33 AM
Judging by the entrance and finisher videos, nope, not at all.
---
You come out here with your bright ass purple shirt, your green shirt, before that your orange shirt, You look like A BIG FAT BOWL OF FRUITY PEBBLES!- The Rock
#6Dart_Feld7Posted 10/12/2013 9:58:23 AM
It's the same people reading the lines. It won't improve until they put some solid effort into it.
---
http://tiny.cc/xx5f4w
Nightbird_X is a straight-edge Republican, and that means he's better than YOU!
#7Glover33448Posted 10/12/2013 11:27:40 AM
Does 2K hire actors to voice their other games still? It's been a long time since I played one. I think that was the key really. Someone like JR is not going to give the emotion he has in real calls because it's a game. I think a lot of his emotion in the Attitude Era came from the fact that those were "his guys" in a lot of cases, guys he hired and was friends with. When Foley was thrown off the Cell that wasn't just a call for him, that was a guy he knew and cared about taking an outrageous risk to entertain people. To someone with his feelings it's probably hard to get excited about a video game (remember his age and how silly they seem to a lot of people) when he's seen things like that for real.
---
"Vampire Penguins...Zombie Guinea Pigs...We're done for!"
Some British Dude's Random Sleep Talk
#8darkrizPosted 10/13/2013 1:58:27 AM
I would love to see good solid play by play commentary. Acclaim's WWF Warzone may not have been close to the best when it comes to wrestling games but it's commentary was really good. People mock it but I wouldn't mind the Just bring it commentary.
#9Diesel95Posted 10/13/2013 2:43:17 AM
aalot oldergames were awesome, did you ever try WCW backstage assult?? the graphic is terible BUT the commentary is amazing and even continues while its loading (when you zone to another area)
---
I just looked at my watch... looks like Big Daddy Cool time!!
#10Louis275(Topic Creator)Posted 10/20/2013 4:42:35 PM
yeah you would think that a 15 year old game could have commentary as good as that that it would be ultra realistic today.