Macho Man Vs. R. Steamboat help! (spoilers)

#1KratosWarriorPosted 10/31/2013 10:10:23 AM
I beat Ricky Steamboat, but did not unlock anything because it said I needed to get a leverage pin or something like that.
Something where you use the right stick on the controller. I'm not sure exactly what the heck I'm supposed to do exactly. What? Do I pin him by holding the right stick?

Need some tips or advice (3rd match on 30 yrs.).
Really wanted to unlock Macho Man and Steamboat but didn't. Was a bit disappointed.
---
The Rock should've lost to CM Punk because CM Punk Is God!
#2snikt6384Posted 10/31/2013 10:13:18 AM
you tap the right stick up or down when Savage is groggy. However I did this and since Randy and I reversed the leverage pin several times, which I eventually won...the game didn't count it. I wasn't happy about it, but be aware that it can happen.
#3LastJagorothPosted 10/31/2013 10:35:59 AM
KratosWarrior posted...
I beat Ricky Steamboat, but did not unlock anything because it said I needed to get a leverage pin or something like that.
Something where you use the right stick on the controller. I'm not sure exactly what the heck I'm supposed to do exactly. What? Do I pin him by holding the right stick?

Really wanted to unlock Macho Man and Steamboat but didn't. Was a bit disappointed.

For a leverage pin you can either flick the R-stick up or down when the opponent is stunned, or you can reverse certain grapples into an immediate roll-up. From what I gather there is some debate as to whether this latter method is counted or not as far as meeting WM objectives goes. Some have said that it works, some have said not.

But Ricky Steamboat won that match in real life, so I assumed you'd play as him to beat Savage, not the other way around? Is this not the case?
#4KratosWarrior(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2013 10:38:00 AM
snikt6384 posted...
you tap the right stick up or down when Savage is groggy. However I did this and since Randy and I reversed the leverage pin several times, which I eventually won...the game didn't count it. I wasn't happy about it, but be aware that it can happen.
That's annoying that the game didn't count it. some of these terms in 30 yrs. are a pain. I wish it was simpler to unlock everyone. I'd buy the season pass and just unlock everyone with that, but gotta get my home computer fixed up with the PS3 on the internet.
Might have to call the Geek Squad unfortunately.
Thank you also, btw. I'm gonna attempt the pin when I get home later.
---
#5KratosWarrior(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2013 10:39:55 AM
LastJagoroth posted...
KratosWarrior posted...

For a leverage pin you can either flick the R-stick up or down when the opponent is stunned, or you can reverse certain grapples into an immediate roll-up. From what I gather there is some debate as to whether this latter method is counted or not as far as meeting WM objectives goes. Some have said that it works, some have said not.

But Ricky Steamboat won that match in real life, so I assumed you'd play as him to beat Savage, not the other way around? Is this not the case?
Thank you, and yes, you play as Ricky Steamboat.
---
#6Grayfoxr6Posted 10/31/2013 10:42:44 AM
LastJagoroth posted...
KratosWarrior posted...

interesting because thats how i beat savage and it counted towards the unlock. cant remember what move i countered tho...
---
XBL and PSN: Feralchicken01
Do you feel enjoy?? Sorry for disturb
#7deemahdeemahPosted 10/31/2013 10:46:16 AM(edited)
LastJagoroth posted...
KratosWarrior posted...

I can confirm that in WM Mode you HAVE to do the stunned leverage pin for it to count. Those reversal leverage pins do not count, and if your opponent reverses your leverage pin into their own and you then reverse it back and get the 3-count, that does not count either.

The mode treats these as very specific: you have to stun your opponent and then execute the leverage pin and get a 3-count. Kind of a bummer, because that's the most awkward looking way to do it considering these are supposed to be "out of nowhere," but whatever. Unlock everything and do it the slick way on other plays.

EDIT: Just saw the post above mine. He says otherwise. I can tell you right now that in the WM8 Ric Flair vs. Randy Savage match I tried all three of the above methods and the only one that worked was the stun into leverage pin. I guess it could be different for each match that requires a leverage pin?
#8KratosWarrior(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2013 10:47:06 AM
I can't remember clearly but do you have to do anything else to unlock Steamboat and Savage?
I know there were some historical things, but not sure if they were optional or mandatory.
The messed up thing is, I did everything else but the leverage pin earlier this morning.
---
#9LastJagorothPosted 10/31/2013 10:52:30 AM
I've just watched this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXPKlsbrDbc

If you skip to 29:40 you can see that he met the objective with a reversal leverage pin, so it does work at least for the Steamboat match. It seems strange if it doesn't then work for the Flair match, but then Yukes are no strangers to doing strange things :D

I don't know how the unlocks work this time around, but if it's anything like before then winning the match will simply allow you to progress to the next match, but you need to meet ALL the historical objectives in the same match to unlock the bonuses such as characters, attires, arenas etc.
#10KratosWarrior(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2013 10:54:51 AM
LastJagoroth posted...
I've just watched this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXPKlsbrDbc

If you skip to 29:40 you can see that he met the objective with a reversal leverage pin, so it does work at least for the Steamboat match. It seems strange if it doesn't then work for the Flair match, but then Yukes are no strangers to doing strange things :D

I don't know how the unlocks work this time around, but if it's anything like before then winning the match will simply allow you to progress to the next match, but you need to meet ALL the historical objectives in the same match to unlock the bonuses such as characters, attires, arenas etc.
That kinda sucks I geuss. What were the historical objectives in that match again? I can't check right not since I'm at work.
lol
---