I don't understand the point of the WWE Universe mode

#1Akiba69Posted 11/2/2013 7:06:14 AM
I just don't get what it's point is. There is no reason to be invested in it at all. It's as if they took the GM mode, completely gutted it then just left you to it. Am i missing the point of it and is there more depth to it? It just seems like random matches with 1 rivalry tacked on at the end.
#2mellowkid82Posted 11/2/2013 7:20:09 AM
When I was younger and first played Wrestlemania 2000 (N64) I would play exhibition mode with my composition notebook and keep an ongoing record of match cards for each TV show and PPV along with who was champion and such. Universe mode pretty much is your composition notebook. When I first played Universe mode in WWE '12 I became an instant fan. Think of it as a season mode. A fully customizable season mode. If you want to split WWE like it was in 2003 and '04 you can do that. If you want to replace all titles with classic titles you can do that as well. If you want one roster with one world champion you can do that too. Even with it's flaws I have been a big fan of Universe mode since WWE '12.
---
"Such is the fragility of evil."
XBL Gamertag: mellowknight
#3Akiba69(Topic Creator)Posted 11/2/2013 7:28:59 AM
But couldn't you do all of that in GM mode? I haven't played a WWE game since SVR08.
#4mellowkid82Posted 11/2/2013 7:41:58 AM
I believe so but I don't remember GM being as customizable as Universe mode.
---
#5ACHEEKSMALLOYPosted 11/2/2013 7:43:20 AM
if you have a good imagination and creativity then universe is an amazing mode. My universe is completely original with no wwe crap anywhere. its awesome
---
Gamertag: ALMIGHTY CHEEKS
http://www.youtube.com/ALMIGHTYCHEEKS
#6mellowkid82Posted 11/2/2013 7:47:51 AM
ACHEEKSMALLOY posted...
if you have a good imagination and creativity then universe is an amazing mode. My universe is completely original with no wwe crap anywhere. its awesome

Yup that's pretty much it. My imagination in combination with my Universe is very enjoyable.
---
#7MadcapunlimitedPosted 11/2/2013 7:49:57 AM
Universe last year was pretty great as long as you were smart enough enough to realize you needed to monkey with some stuff and were motivated enough to play around with things until you got it right. I have a feeling this year will be similar: you'll get out of it what you put into it.
---
When Freedom is a Crime, Crime becomes Freedom.
#8Doober2Posted 11/2/2013 8:00:33 AM(edited)
For me it simply replaces exhibition.

I got rankings, titles, game sets up matches, generated rivals and allies.

Before I'd do everything myself with a spreadsheet and exhibition. I still use a spreadsheet, but only for head to head records now

To me it's the best mode Yukes have had since SD2. I loved SD2's season mode....Universe is pretty much an updated, customizable version of that.
---
Currently Playing: WWE 2K14
#9slimg914Posted 11/2/2013 8:11:52 AM
Madcapunlimited posted...
Universe last year was pretty great as long as you were smart enough enough to realize you needed to monkey with some stuff and were motivated enough to play around with things until you got it right. I have a feeling this year will be similar: you'll get out of it what you put into it.

This pretty much sums it up. I have 3 buddies that I get together with to watch most PPV's so what we do is once all the DLC has been released we set up a brand for each of us and do a "Fantasy Draft" and set up our brands however we want. Then every other Saturday or so we get a bunch of beer and just have fun running our brands.
#10Akiba69(Topic Creator)Posted 11/2/2013 8:28:14 AM
ACHEEKSMALLOY posted...

How did you make so many wrestlers and create their movesets so quick? I just finished one fully and it must have taken over 40 minutes. Or have you been downloading other peoples too?