Tips to Improve Universe Auto-Booking

#101PlymouthDWPosted 1/2/2014 12:18:20 AMmessage detail
lol 101st post lolololol

Seriously, though, this thread has helped me greatly so far. Thanks for the tips.
---
"What's a 'hitbox'?" -The Huntsman
#102Sephiroth ClonePosted 1/7/2014 12:34:01 PMmessage detail(edited)
Hey guys just wondering if anyone can help me out. I have three shows, Raw, Smackdown and a custom divas show that all the divas are on (custom and original) The Divas show has Womens title as it's main and Diva's title as the other and it seems to work out... until PPVs. The divas from that show never appear on PPVs even though they have rivalries, am I doing something wrong?

Edit: Looked through the thread and apparently I have to make a PPV every month because the max shows per PPV is 2... lame. :s

---
Current Playing: With myself.
PSN: ThePorl2
#103Gaming_EsquirePosted 1/9/2014 3:50:27 PMmessage detail
Oh Lord of Knowledge,

Could you possibly do a TR;DR Bullet Point version?

I like to think I'm semi intelligent but I've read most of this thread twice and I'm still a little fuzzy. I recommend you just give us an optimized settin list. The one you personally like the best. Some of my problem is all the "if X, then Y. If Z then A" stuff. Please simplify it and just tell us what you do and how to do it.

Sorry to be so dense!
---
Dragon Ninja Dinosaur Wizard
#104Clim_HadyPosted 1/18/2014 2:28:46 PMmessage detail
So glad I read this. My universe mode shall be awesome now :-D
---
You aint never met a mutha mutha LIke me!!!
#105morenojumpPosted 1/20/2014 6:05:44 PMmessage detail
Thanks, this has helped a whole lot. Now I don't have to worry about midcarders going for my WHC and WWE championships. I was having a serious problem with that.
Do you also know how to get universe to breakup tag teams as well? I have had my universe going for a little over a year now and while it forms tag teams, it won't break any of them up. I know I can go do it myself, but I'd like to see the cutscene and rivalry that follows.
#106viccolquhounPosted 1/22/2014 3:38:56 PMmessage detail
Interesting, see I did something similar, I killed brand split (well in a Raw/Smackdown sense anyway) made Smackdown a minor show, did away with World Heavyweight Belt. I then created a new "Brand Split" based on level of the Roster, using NXT as my undercard, The Divas Title is it's main title with all the divas on NXT, along with IC Title. My NXT roster is this -

AJ Lee, Aksana, The Bella's, Tons Of Funk (Brodus & Tensai), Christian, Prime Time Players, R-Truth, David Otunga, 3MB, Khali, Justin Gabriel, Kaitlyn, Layla, Natty Neidhart, Santino, Sin Cara, Summer Rae & Ryder. Big E Langston isn't on the NXT Roster, but because he is currently IC Champ he appears on NXT every week.

NXT runs on thursdays which is what I've done in my game.

So my next roster is WWE which consists of these people - Alberto Del Rio, The Real Americans (Cessaro & Swagger), Big E Langston, Big Show, CM Punk, Cody Rhodes, Sandow, Daniel Bryan, The Shield, Dolph Ziggler, Fandango, Kofi Kingston, Mark Henry, The Miz, John Cena, Randy Orton, Rey Mysterio, Ryback, Sheamus & Wade Barrett.

The Main title is WWE Championship, with US Title as 2nd and Tag Titles, I've taken Divas out of the brand. So I also run 4 shows, Raw which is (WWE Roster Only), NXT on Tuesday (NXT Only) Main Event on wednesday as a minor show for WWE only and same again for Smackdown. So 3 shows for WWE main roster, with 1 Major and 2 minor. Then one NXT show for undercard.

The last roster I've set up is for a kind of holding area for Legends that I like to bring out every so often for special one off matches like Wrestlemania, Summerslam etc, these guys are, Brock Lesner, Undertaker, Triple H, Ric Flair (Modern), Shawn Michaels, Kane, Edge, Batista, The Rock, Stone Cold, Hollywood Hogan, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Mick Foley, JBL, Lita and Goldberg.

So that is how my roster breaks down, it isn't Perfect, but it seems to generate a fairly realistic bookins (most of the time) I do occasionally have to move a few people up and down ranks if there getting a bit too much momentum, after all who ever wants to see Jack Swagger with a World Title again??
#107TheMurricanePosted 2/2/2014 1:22:32 PMmessage detail
This was a great guide, seeing some really positive results in my Universe. I actually restarted because of this and some issues I was having with my existing Universe, but I have a few questions/queries. (I'm on Ps3 but I presume it will be the same on X-Box);

1) Minor shows; I tried making a Saturday Main Event show, however I found it was just repeating my rivalry matches from Raw and SD as opposed to utilising the rest of my rosters (I have fairly small rosters, 18 each on Raw and SD), therefore it became a bit boring. Is there any way to encourage your minor shows to use more of your rosters?

2)The WWE.com thing about pre-show matches if you sim a rivalry match, never seen it. Should this be a regular occurrence? Just seems strange that I've never seen it.

3) I've set up NXT as my third major show, sim most of the matches and are just using it as a training ground for CAWs. I don't want to do a ppv every month so I've set up 4 for the year. My question is will I run into any problems by not having a monthly ppv for this show?

Thanks for any help/advice you can give me!
#108Cboat75Posted 2/3/2014 10:53:05 AMmessage detail
First off, I just wanted to take the time to say thank you very much for this post. This has made me fall in love with universe mode again. I was so frustrated how my universe mode was going I came close to going to my nearest game store and trading this in. After finding this post and trying it out myself, I'm glad I kept it.

I'm however having one issue. And like most people on here it's taking place on Main Event (the third show.) I'm going into my third week of Main Event and at every show (Main Event) there is at least one match that is a inter promotion match (One RAW wrestler VS One Smackdown wrestler.)

The very first match up I saw made since because it was against two guys who where in tag teams and they where in a rival against one another. However the last two Main Events have seen a match with Zack Ryder vs Justin Gabriel. I don't really mind it because they have been some very fun contest, but with this set up is this suppose to happen? Am I doing something wrong?

If anyone could help with this I would be much grateful.
#109gabexxxPosted 2/20/2014 9:28:04 AMmessage detail
is there a tips to improve universe for dummies section cause i can't understand what u guys are talking about :'( in my universe i have it as just raw and i switched everyone to raw + my 8 caws that makes 111 total. simple fast.
---
gamertag Gabex1x
#110kingsnake007(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2014 3:55:22 PMmessage detail
Alright, I'm back. Let's see how many of these I can answer. You may need to read the original post for context.

Q: "Hey is there anyway I can turn a superstar face or heel organically? I know i can do this in the "Superstar editor," but that's no fun lol..."

A: You could manually have them interfere in a match against their rival. Might get lucky and score the rare heel ambush instead of the usual run-in.

Q: "Tag titles never get defended in my game through auto booking. Any way to fix this beyond maiing a tag title rivalry?"

A: If you're willing to restart your universe, that usually works. Alternatively, book a Rivalry for the titels and let it play out (medium or long) and end it with a title change. That's how I got mine to work.

Q: "I'm the type of person who likes to only book PPV Events. Would I be able to do that in Universe Mode?"

A: Yup. You'll have to edit the PPV match-by-match, but you can do whatever you want.

Q: "Is there a way to completly wipe the slate clean?"

A: Not completely. You can create new shows with custom titles and start a new history, but the Royal Rumble, MITB, and Wrestlemania stats will stay at default (looking at you, 'Taker.)

Q: "What if you have a trio like 3MB or The Shield do you turn off tag contendership for Ambrose and Mahal to get better booking? Or, does it really matter? I was thinking maybe they would set up 6 man tag matches with it on."

A: Unfortunately, only the 1st and 2nd slots of a stable are the tag team. Mahal and Ambrose do not affect tag team booking at all. Period. You can leave them in singles title hunts without problem, though. 6 man tag team matches are rare as hell, btw.

Q: "So when the AI created a rivalry for me that I didn't like, I changed it and it never says rivalry match it just says "match 5" (there are 5 matches on my major shows)"

A: The rivalry doesn't start until the first week of the month. If you change it manually after the show has started, it will bump to the next month. At the rivalry screen it will say "rivalry begins May, week 1" or whathaveyou.

Q: "It's there as a rivalry but the it doesn't say that on the match card and never has any cut scenes. The news feed coming from the rivalry is also warped from some other dimension saying things that have nothing to do with it."

A: Only the main event and next-to-main event matches have high chances of cutscenes. The next-to-next-to-main event doesn't get this. Therefore, it's possible for your 3rd rivalry to have nothing happen.

Q: "Anyone know why this happened. Does the guy who studied universe mode so much and wrote this thread know?"

A: Right?

Q: "Should I make separate titles for each show or would a combine Overall title screw things up ?"

A: Do whatever you want. Only the rankings affect booking.

Q: "Oh Lord of Knowledge. Could you possibly do a TR;DR Bullet Point version?"

A:
- Go to superstar settings and find the title rankings.
- Deactivate (X-button) titles that you do not want that superstar to challenge for.
- Create rosters of about 20-25 people, with around 10 contending for each title.
- Simulate / play to the end of the month to see results.
- Respect the Lord of Knowledge.

Q: "Do you also know how to get universe to breakup tag teams as well?"

A: Book them in one of the final two matches of the card and cross your fingers. Or, alternatively, set them in a rivalry and make them lose a lot.