Tips to Improve Universe Auto-Booking

#111kingsnake007(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2014 4:55:45 PMmessage detail
Q: [viccolquhoun's entire post]

A: This guy gets it.

Q: "Is there any way to encourage your minor shows to use more of your rosters?"

A: You could manually shuffle the rankings, especially the middle of the rankings, before the show starts. The AI is booking based on a number system. For example, lets say they book the #5 and #6 contender. The number 6 contender wins and switches places. The AI will then book #5 vs. #6 on the minor show despite the fact that it is the same two guys.

Q: "The WWE.com thing about pre-show matches if you sim a rivalry match, never seen it. Should this be a regular occurrence? Just seems strange that I've never seen it."

A: If you edit and change a rivalry match to something totally different (not using the rivalry participants) then you will see the pre-show report. Simming the match doesn't do anything, although you will still get the rivalry fluff text from WWE.com.

Q: " I've set up NXT as my third major show, sim most of the matches and are just using it as a training ground for CAWs. I don't want to do a ppv every month so I've set up 4 for the year. My question is will I run into any problems by not having a monthly ppv for this show?"

A: No, you will not run into any problems. However, the Rivalry matchmaker will totally break. If you ignore rivalries (like I do), then you will still get things booked appropriately when you do have a PPV.

Q: "is there a tips to improve universe for dummies section cause i can't understand what u guys are talking about :'( in my universe i have it as just raw and i switched everyone to raw + my 8 caws that makes 111 total. simple fast."

A: If you have 111 stars on a single roster...
#112gabexxxPosted 2/20/2014 5:28:00 PMmessage detail
thanks for the copy and paste but when u did mine i don't see the rest of the sentence so what were u trying to or going to say?
---
gamertag Gabex1x
#113kingsnake007(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2014 6:59:27 PMmessage detail
Sorry 'bout that, let me explain. You have 111 stars on 1 roster.

That means, if you have 7 matches on your card, you will normally have 14 superstars competing on your main show, each week. In a best case scenario, you would have less than half of your roster competing every month.

You could expand this by adding minor shows. If you went the full schedule, 6 shows a week at 7 matches a show with 2 superstars a match...that works out to 84 superstars, assuming nobody ever works a match twice in a week. That *still* doesn't cover your roster. Not to mention that the same people (main eventers) will get rebooked constantly.

The Solution?

Split your roster up into multiple brands. With 111 people, I would go with 4 shows a week and 2 or 4 PPVs a month.

Raw, Smackdown, ECW, WcW are four examples. You can call them whatever you'd like. You still wouldn't get every person in the action, but at least they would have a much better chance instead of competing with 110 others for a spot.
#114gabexxxPosted 2/20/2014 7:21:20 PMmessage detail
i understand better with examples ty.
---
gamertag Gabex1x
#115taranharePosted 2/21/2014 7:19:40 AMmessage detail
Oh great one do PPV"s have rivalry matches like on major shows?
If so can i edit the match say make it a Special Referee match and it not affect the rivalry e.g. miss out on possible cutscenes at a PPV? (If there is on this game of course)
#116LeoDynamitePosted 2/23/2014 12:38:08 PMmessage detail
i tried to create a simple universe: raw, smackdown and main event ( minor show ). its working very well! i am playing at this moment and scott steiner as invaded a match between cena and lesnar! i used superstars, legends, CAWS and DLC, and removed guys like wade barret and del rio.

CHAMPIONS:

WWE - John Cena

US - CM Punk

IC - Edge

Tag Team - Mysterio and Sin Cara

WH - Batista
#117kingsnake007(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2014 9:56:02 AMmessage detail
gabexxx posted...
i understand better with examples ty.

I actually already did this! Here ya go: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/704518-wwe-2k14/68507591

taranhare posted...
Oh great one do PPV"s have rivalry matches like on major shows?
If so can i edit the match say make it a Special Referee match and it not affect the rivalry e.g. miss out on possible cutscenes at a PPV? (If there is on this game of course)

Well, this is a complicated question. If your rivalry match is a title match, then there will be NO cutscenes whatsoever. Although you are free to change the match to whatever you want so long as it still contains those two participants, one-on-one.

If it is a non-title match, then your Rivalry could have cutscenes. As a matter of fact, some of the more rare cutscenes happen more often at PPVs, including the Injury Cutscenes. The wildest match I've gotten was the final of a rivalry at a PPV.

STORY TIME

Dolph Ziggler (face) vs. The Rock (heel), at SummerSlam, in a Falls Count Anywhere match concluding their 3 months long fued. At the beginning of the match, Dolph got jumped by Big Show (Rock's tag team partner during the fued). During the match, Zack Ryder (Dolph's partner) ran into the match to help...but turned on Dolph by beating him down. Match continues, Dolph kicks out of a Rock Bottom. Then Stone Cold's music hits as he runs in and hits The Rock with a stunner. Dolph goes for the pin, but Rock kicks out. CM Punk's music hits as he comes through the crowd. CM Punk hits the GTS on Stone Cold, then slides into the ring and hits the GTS on Ziggler. Rock pins, Ziggler kicks out. Punk/Austin brawl outside before both leave the arena. Rock does the wake-up taunt on Dolph and goes for a Rock Bottom, but Dolph reverses into the ZigZag for the win. After the match, Dolph gets jumped by Big Show and Rock for a beatdown, but the save gets made by Mick Foley (who was returning from an injury). Best Match Ever.

STORY TIME IS OVER

Anyway, if you change the match to something that's not one-on-one, such as a Special Referee, then I'm pretty sure that won't count as a rivalry match. You may want to double check that one.
#118taranharePosted 2/25/2014 6:22:08 AMmessage detail
Thanks 007 this is good to know you've been a great help.
Oh and great story by the way just by reading it I can imagine how good of a match that was!
#119JessnwoPosted 2/25/2014 6:31:34 AMmessage detail
Ok kingsnake007 maybe you can help out with this:

If I have a rivalry involving the tag team champions (2 on 2) or even just one half of the tag team champions (1 on 1) their match will be the main event and the rivalry involving the major champion will be second last on the card.

Why is this happening? Does it have to do with what slot (1,2,3) you choose to place a rivalry in?

It only happens with the tag team champions, the AI doesn't give the minor champion the same priority.
---
Take your hair to the limit.
#120kingsnake007(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2014 5:24:04 PMmessage detail
Jessnwo posted...
Ok kingsnake007 maybe you can help out with this:

If I have a rivalry involving the tag team champions (2 on 2) or even just one half of the tag team champions (1 on 1) their match will be the main event and the rivalry involving the major champion will be second last on the card.

Why is this happening? Does it have to do with what slot (1,2,3) you choose to place a rivalry in?

It only happens with the tag team champions, the AI doesn't give the minor champion the same priority.

I've been playing around with this, and honestly I don't have a good answer for this one. I haven't been able to replicate your particular issue. In my universe, the Primary championship always gets the Main Event *unless* another rivalry has been going on longer. As far as I can tell, the position (1, 2, or 3) that you place the rivalry has no effect. It may be have to do with the overall rankings of the superstars. Is this a Tag Team only rivalry, or are these guys also competing in the Primary title track?