Tips to Improve Universe Auto-Booking

#41SaxonPosted 11/5/2013 12:43:26 PMmessage detail
How do you turn off rankings?
#42LOOSECANNON316Posted 11/5/2013 1:09:54 PMmessage detail
Saxon posted...
How do you turn off rankings?

go to the edit superstar menu, right bump to the title section and hit x (or square) to turn on and off whether they will fight for the appropriate belt.
#43DiteHartPosted 11/6/2013 10:14:29 AMmessage detail
I'm pretty excited about this. Having everyone going for all the titles wasn't really a big deal initially, but since it's there, I'll definitely use it.

Vampire Wraith posted...
Thanks for these! btw, does this solve the tag team rivalry problem where they still have partners facing each other, and if you edit it to correct it and do the tag match, the rivalry news message says that a one on one match happened during the pre-show?

I know this is an older post, and I initially wasn't going to quote it, but between this and the OP, I couldn't stop thinking about my matches.
3MB won the tag team titles (and kept it FOREVER), and almost everytime there was a 3MB vs. Shield rivalry , there ended up being a Seth Rollins & Heath Slater vs. Roman Reigns & Jinder Mahal match every week or two.
#44Super VejitaPosted 11/6/2013 10:43:38 AMmessage detail
KHWyvern posted...
So, I have to not only limit my roster size, but limit what belts they can wrestle for in order to get Universe Mode to book properly? Let's see what the Iron Sheik thinks about that.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a1QCBF3h_tM

Yeah, I agree Sheik, I agree.

That's kind of how it works in real life. You have a handful of people challenging for the main title, namely the main event guys, and then everyone else goes for the secondary belt.

The way I look at it, if someone climbs the secondary belt ladder, then after a while I'll put them at the bottom of the main belt ladder.

This is pretty much how it was in KYR and I've been asking for that for years.
---
"What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!" ~Dracula
#45MikeH7186Posted 11/6/2013 3:40:48 PMmessage detail(edited)
If I do this, does that mean only the people in each individual ranking will fight each other and only each other? Like all the WWE title contenders, would never fight a US title contender? That seems like it would get stale. Like Punk always fighting Jericho, or Rock, or Cena, or Ryback. Never having a match with Miz, Cesaro, Ambrose etc.

Also a guy like Rollins, if I turn off both rankings and only have him as a tag team, he'll never fight in singles matches?
#46Sage_Of_LintPosted 11/6/2013 5:58:13 PMmessage detail
kingsnake007 posted...
First off, if you don't want the AI to book matches for you and you would rather do them yourself, then ignore this post and move on. For everyone else, like me, who would rather let Universe play out, I have some tips to help coax the AI into booking reasonably.

**Rivalries**

Decide at the beginning if you are going to touch Rivalries or not. If you want to do rivalries (or want to mess with them at all) then set Auto-Rivalries to OFF. Otherwise, leave them alone and the let the Universe do it's thing. Manual and Auto-Rivalries do not mix well.

**Roster Size and Shows**

You can make your roster sizes anything you want, but Universe seems to work best if you keep it around 15-25. I'll explain later, but you want your minor shows to happen AFTER your Main Shows in the week. So I recommend cancelling Superstars and having Saturday Night Main Event instead.

**How the AI Booking Is Done**

I have tested this through multiple restarts, and have trolled a few forums. I believe that Universe books based upon the ranking system and set rivalries. Cheer/Boo and Ally/Rival settings do not affect booking. By default, every superstar on the roster competes for both the Main and Secondary titles, and every team on that brand competes for the tag titles.

The main event (and co-main events) of every Main Show is based on Rivalries.

The AI will book matches on the Main Show based on who is near who in the rankings for whichever title. If Divas are on the roster, the AI tries to book 1 Diva match. The AI often (not always) includes a tag team match in the tag rankings. The matches are booked so that people close to one another in the rankings are paired off. Occasionally, they will book tag matches of random teams assigned from these rankings. This is why you may see Tag Team partners face each other, because the match is booked for a singles title ranking and not for the tag titles ranking.

If a superstar is not part of the Rivalry match (not necessarily the Rivalry) then he/she is back into the pool of superstars. So if I have a Rivalry of KANE vs. EDGE, and the nights match is booked as EDGE vs. CENA, then it's possible for Kane to appear in a match earlier in the card as part of his general title hunt.

Any superstars that do not appear on the week's Main Show have a greatly increased chance of appearing on any Minor Show. Otherwise, superstars are booked based on their rankings again just like the major show. However, the AI seems to forget what happened week to week, so if you want your Minor Show to feature stars that didn't make the Main Show cut, have your show appear AFTER the Main Shows. So move Superstars to Saturday, is what I'm saying.

I'm going to run out of room, so I'll add how to coax the AI in the next post.

This is an amazing post kingsnake007. We just recorded and posted a podcast today reviewing Universe mode - we mention your guide and give you a shoutout/cheers during it. Hopefully lots of people can enjoy your tips! The podcast can be found here if you are interested: http://godhatesgeeks.com/wwe-2k14-podcast-caw-is-war/
---
Indie Filmmaker ; www.andycrete.com - personal website
XBox 360 Gamertag: Purpal | 3DS FC: 5043-1825-2078 AC:NF Ando in Olliwood
#47LOOSECANNON316Posted 11/6/2013 6:10:38 PMmessage detail
Hey kingsnake007, these dudes mentioned you in their podcast: http://godhatesgeeks.com/wwe-2k14-podcast-caw-is-war/

I found GHG's tips were useful as well, even going so far as to telling us there's required patience with this year's mode. Fun stuff, mate.
#48LOOSECANNON316Posted 11/6/2013 6:15:25 PMmessage detail
This is an amazing post kingsnake007. We just recorded and posted a podcast today reviewing Universe mode - we mention your guide and give you a shoutout/cheers during it. Hopefully lots of people can enjoy your tips! The podcast can be found here if you are interested: http://godhatesgeeks.com/wwe-2k14-podcast-caw-is-war/

Oops. I didn't notice this post above me. Anyways, great job, mates....made me lol!
#49Sage_Of_LintPosted 11/6/2013 6:24:42 PMmessage detail
Thank you :)
---
Indie Filmmaker ; www.andycrete.com - personal website
XBox 360 Gamertag: Purpal | 3DS FC: 5043-1825-2078 AC:NF Ando in Olliwood
#50kingsnake007(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2013 7:37:12 PMmessage detail
Awesome. I love GHG. Much appreciated!!!