This game is good but not as good as htcp or fpwr

#1ChrisObamaPosted 12/17/2013 5:55:45 PM
After unlocking everything and completing 30 years of wrestlemania this game becomes very tedious and repetitive. Universe is boring, the basic moves for characters is also boring. Why does it feel like none of the characters have no identity or not snazzy enough, feels like im doing the same moves all the time. Invested so many hours into htcp and fpwr but very little in 2k14, I just hope they step their game up for next gen
---
Not changing this sig until I get laid again 10/1/2013
#2CptBotcherPosted 12/17/2013 6:24:37 PM
Nostalgia. I still feel that counter strike is better than any other modern shooting games...nothing beats good old times :')
#3AzaneAzerPosted 12/17/2013 7:45:06 PM
CptBotcher posted...
Nostalgia. I still feel that counter strike is better than any other modern shooting games...nothing beats good old times :')

I'd argue you're actually correct, as CS:Source still has a pretty active community.

As far HCTP, It was surpassed at some point in the last few years, but for it's time, HCTP was probably the best.
#4Random159350Posted 12/17/2013 8:19:22 PM
Who cares?
#5ChrisObama(Topic Creator)Posted 12/17/2013 8:21:52 PM
Random159350 posted...
Who cares?

Alot of people? Why is this game selling less than a game that came out 10 years ago?
---
Not changing this sig until I get laid again 10/1/2013
#6AzaneAzerPosted 12/17/2013 8:52:11 PM(edited)
ChrisObama posted...
Random159350 posted...
Who cares?

Alot of people? Why is this game selling less than a game that came out 10 years ago?

Because the wrestling fan base with disposable income is much lower than in 2003.

a ridiculously high # of sales don't rely on how good a game is, but how well it is presented.

HCTP for it's day was much better than WWE2k14 is today, and that's not taking anything away from 2k14
#7twotonezPosted 12/17/2013 9:17:04 PM
ChrisObama posted...
After unlocking everything and completing 30 years of wrestlemania this game becomes very tedious and repetitive. Universe is boring, the basic moves for characters is also boring. Why does it feel like none of the characters have no identity or not snazzy enough, feels like im doing the same moves all the time. Invested so many hours into htcp and fpwr but very little in 2k14, I just hope they step their game up for next gen

You are doing the same moves over and over again. The default move-sets in this game are worthless.
#8Super VejitaPosted 12/18/2013 1:18:46 AM
Truth be told.....I agree with this. Not taking ANYTHING away from 2k14, as it's one of the best wwe games in years but you know what made HCTP so great IMO? Replay value. The season could be played forever more or less. You could have backstage feuds at random. It was a game that was made to be enjoyed. This game was made more or less to tide you over until next year. Universe has been improving at a glacial pace for being the fourth incarnation. There's a reason for that. If they pulled out the stops and made Universe mode super engaging, then you'd have no real reason to buy next years game. "Tide them over until next year" has seemed to be the general thinking since SvR as opposed to the "Make the best game ever" mentality of the SD series (Even JBI because let's be honest, at least they tried something new there)
---
"What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!" ~Dracula
#9MasterFoxCheif3Posted 12/18/2013 4:08:34 AM
You're supposed to download movesets from the CC, otherwise everyone will have a boring and tedious moveset.
---
http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/ibnYzLPrWR2nLf.gif
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aalYQjedc1s&t=1m4s
#10Foreman22Posted 12/18/2013 5:35:13 AM
Agreed. 2K14 is good. However until universal mode reaches the level of HCTP season mode, the 2k series will never top it. Also in HCTP you actually feared wrestling against Lesnar, Goldberg, and retro Taker. Once they started rolling they were near unbeatable.