Anyone else pull the "injury" angle on universe?

#1Mr_Frank_BoothPosted 12/30/2013 7:11:19 PM
And pluck a superstar into a free agent for a few months? If you make take him out when he has tons of momentum it makes the suprise return extremely epic. I had CM Punk "injured" after a match against Lesnar at Night of Champions and brought him back at Royal Rumble As Numbrr 30 and the otherwise half-interested crowd popped big time. Alot more satisfying than having him hang around and lose momentum on Auto-booked Main Event.
#2RayReptilePosted 12/30/2013 7:41:15 PM
Just did that recently with Roman Reigns.... except, I'm tempted to leave him out until WWE 2K15, due to his small model. Just doesn't feel like him.
---
Member Since 2002
#3RyuBKoumariPosted 12/30/2013 7:53:51 PM
I did that with Cena, after having a feud with Jericho, Jericho "injured" him for a few months. Then at Summerslam, Punk lost against Jericho, and after the match when Jericho attacked Punk, Cena came out for the rescue, pretty epic to see that happen in the game.
---
GT: Ryu B Koumari, Member of the League of Shadows
"Ah yes, I was wondering what would break first, your spirit or your body!?!?"
#4ScorpioGuyPosted 12/31/2013 12:31:24 AM
Yeah, I did that with CM Punk too. He was trying to reclaim his World title from Jason Voorhees that he lost at WM. They had a brutal war at Extreme rules where they destroyed each other. Jason was victorious and both guys were gone for a month.

I had Punk return as a surprise entrant in a #1 contender's 4 man battle royal. Punk wasn't able pull out the victory though as he was dumped out by the winner......Freddy Kruger!

Jason will make his return at the PPV to defend the championship.
---
Proud member of the Mickie Maniacs
http://www.youtube.com/TheScorpioFiles
#5chinoflynnPosted 12/31/2013 1:45:50 AM
ScorpioGuy posted...
Yeah, I did that with CM Punk too. He was trying to reclaim his World title from Jason Voorhees that he lost at WM. They had a brutal war at Extreme rules where they destroyed each other. Jason was victorious and both guys were gone for a month.

I had Punk return as a surprise entrant in a #1 contender's 4 man battle royal. Punk wasn't able pull out the victory though as he was dumped out by the winner......Freddy Kruger!

Jason will make his return at the PPV to defend the championship.

with special ref Nancy? Then Mrs voorhees with a run in only to accidentally nail her son with the title. Then when Freddy goes for the pin..1..2..SWERVE. Nancy takes out Freddy with her "go to sleep". Jason with the win and a good setup...IMO.... lol.
---
looking for co-op in: GoW, AoT, RBS 2, Mercs 2. invaderflynn is the s/n.
#6HonzouPosted 12/31/2013 6:14:25 AM
Well I had a thread called "Why Savio Vega, Why!?"

Where I pretty much ran an injury storyline due to 2k14 randomly allowing Savio to injure 11 wrestlers in their feud ending matches. His rampage ended when Tiger Mask I beat Savio Vega at Wrestlemania.

Afterwards I had Savio in the Inactive list as to signal a suspension for his excessive violence. Finally his injury streak ended when I put him on a feud match with fellow Puerto Rican wrestler Super Medico I (Jose Estrada Sr.), and Super Medico I beat him in a K.O. match.
---
The All Father has bequeath me the gift of battle. So now I bequeath you my spear through your heart.
The official Eligor of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#7seedz252Posted 12/31/2013 9:23:36 AM
Wait so if you place them on free agents, the game treats them as " injuries" and brings them back randomly after?

Hmm I gotta try this.
---
"So the new Jets logo is blue and white and has a maple leaf in the middle. Yeah, good luck winning anything with that." -- DownGoesBrown
#8Samaellives91Posted 12/31/2013 10:41:44 AM
I've done that with Hulk Hogan in my dream show, I plan to have him return after Randy Savage wins the WWE Dream Title and joins the NWO, he will come back and spur the No.1 contender Stone Cold on, until Austin also joins the NWO, forcing Hogan to step up himself.
---
Not changing this sig until Liao Hua is added to the Dynasty Warriors cast.
#9Mr_Frank_Booth(Topic Creator)Posted 12/31/2013 7:40:17 PM
seedz252 posted...
Wait so if you place them on free agents, the game treats them as " injuries" and brings them back randomly after?

Hmm I gotta try this.

Im not sure if they ever bring them in randomly, but I use it as a place to store wrestlers who need "time off". I had Zack Ryder "injured" my first year and just re-packaged him as a heel. Maybe I wont job him out as much.
#10justcusimasianPosted 12/31/2013 9:48:48 PM
Mr_Frank_Booth posted...
seedz252 posted...

Hmm I gotta try this.

Im not sure if they ever bring them in randomly, but I use it as a place to store wrestlers who need "time off". I had Zack Ryder "injured" my first year and just re-packaged him as a heel. Maybe I wont job him out as much.

Free agents and wrestlers from different rosters are eligible for some cutscenes, so between the various run-in scenes and things like the wrestler buying a front row ticket don't seem entirely out of place for an injury angle. Even wrestlers that were legit injured have been put on the card the next week in my universe, so I wouldn't say forcing your own injuries is strictly worse, in terms of context.
---
GT: DeathByToffee