Same Engine as THQ?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. WWE 2K14
  3. Same Engine as THQ?
2 years ago#1
I have to admit I haven't been paying too much attention to this game but I just assumed since 2K was taking over they'd start from scratch, but from the trailer it looks like the same ol THQ engine.
2 years ago#2
THQ were the publishers, not the developers. Yukes is still developing this and 2K Sports hired the head people behind the THQ games back for this one. At best, WWE 2K15 could be very different but in all likelihood it will probably still use the same system.
---
R.I.P. EDDIE (1967-2005)
Live: DeadmanJV2
2 years ago#3
GhosfaceDeadV2 posted...
THQ were the publishers, not the developers. Yukes is still developing this and 2K Sports hired the head people behind the THQ games back for this one. At best, WWE 2K15 could be very different but in all likelihood it will probably still use the same system.

These games come out yearly so I dont think a new system is realy practical for them. Witch is why the rostor makes or breaks this game for me.
2 years ago#4
haha all i know is that the stunner in the new trailer has the same animation as last year lolol
as usual prob not gonna change too much
2 years ago#5
theonedalek posted...
GhosfaceDeadV2 posted...

These games come out yearly so I dont think a new system is realy practical for them. Witch is why the rostor makes or breaks this game for me.

the declined sales of this series would say it is practical for them. furthermore i would hope 2k doesnt want their image ruined by a subpar product.
2 years ago#6
kayoticdreamz posted...
theonedalek posted...
GhosfaceDeadV2 posted...

the declined sales of this series would say it is practical for them. furthermore i would hope 2k doesnt want their image ruined by a subpar product.

Building a new game from the ground up is impossible to do in year these days so no it's not practical it's not even possible.

Unless these games stop being yearly it aint gonna happen
2 years ago#7
We won't see any improvments in graphics until the next generation game come out.
2 years ago#8
theonedalek posted...
kayoticdreamz posted...
theonedalek posted...
GhosfaceDeadV2 posted...

Building a new game from the ground up is impossible to do in year these days so no it's not practical it's not even possible.

Unless these games stop being yearly it aint gonna happen

then make a second team? its not hard to figure out people act like a new engine is impossible. its not. furthermore i really hope they arent intending on carrying an engine spawned from the ps1 days thats barely updated and carrying that onto the xbox one and ps4.

at some point a new engine is a must. old code does not do well on new machines contrary to popular opinion on the internet and PC gamers constantly claiming they can play any old PC game with no trouble(which is a bold faced lie)

every sports game has had to do it. Madden,NBA,NHL,MLB. each of these series of games has added a new engine to the mix since the ps2 and ps1 days. its high time the WWE does it too.
2 years ago#9
Same engine as Smackdown 1 on the PS1. Yes a 13 years old PS1 engine is still use for this game lol. I won't be surprise if they keep it forever at this point, these guys doesn't want to move forward.
2 years ago#10
Long as they get rid of most of glitches that plagued last game, i will buy
---
PSN: Copyright2008
  1. Boards
  2. WWE 2K14
  3. Same Engine as THQ?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived