Slobberknocker match?

#1SetzeraPosted 10/29/2013 6:24:47 AM
Can anyone confirm that this match made it, and is it playable as local co-op?
---
| AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 ghz | MSI 970A-G46 | MSI HD 7870 2GB | 8GB 1600 DDR3 | 650W Ultra PSU | Win7 64bit | 1TB WD Blue | CM 912 HAF |
#2Copyright2011Posted 10/29/2013 10:55:46 AM
Slobberknocker has always been single player hasnt it? The match where you fight several guys until you lose or win?
---
PSN: Copyright2008
#3phil227Posted 10/29/2013 11:01:25 AM
Copyright2011 posted...
Slobberknocker has always been single player hasnt it? The match where you fight several guys until you lose or win?

I believe the Original Slobberknocker was to 100 Wins or Lose.

I had beaten it with ABA Undertaker in Shut Your Mouth.
---
"I Have, Even the loading screens don't want you to play it" Lanipator of TeamFourStar on Duke Nukem Forever.
#4Setzera(Topic Creator)Posted 10/30/2013 8:13:28 PM
Yeah, it's always been single player in previous games. But I had sent a heartfelt email to 2k a few months back when they first acquired the WWE license. They seemed very responsive towards it.

I had asked for a co-op slobberknocker to return, or an endless wave survival mode that was co-op.

When I saw slobberknocker mentioned in a review, I almost put my face through the screen in disbelief.. but finding out it's single player seems like they missed the point.. or WWE said no.

Still nice to see it back, but no co-op slobberknocker = no buy. I say this because my buddy won't play another WWE game until that mode exists. I get bored playing alone.
---
| AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 ghz | MSI 970A-G46 | MSI HD 7870 2GB | 8GB 1600 DDR3 | 650W Ultra PSU | Win7 64bit | 1TB WD Blue | CM 912 HAF |
#5kosherPosted 10/30/2013 8:19:03 PM
Setzera posted...
Yeah, it's always been single player in previous games. But I had sent a heartfelt email to 2k a few months back when they first acquired the WWE license. They seemed very responsive towards it.

I had asked for a co-op slobberknocker to return, or an endless wave survival mode that was co-op.

When I saw slobberknocker mentioned in a review, I almost put my face through the screen in disbelief.. but finding out it's single player seems like they missed the point.. or WWE said no.

Still nice to see it back, but no co-op slobberknocker = no buy. I say this because my buddy won't play another WWE game until that mode exists. I get bored playing alone.

something can't return if it was there in the first place...and...have fun NOT playing the game over one petty match
---
stfu
#6Setzera(Topic Creator)Posted 10/30/2013 8:30:15 PM
Sorry, I should've specified but I was hoping to refrain from mentioning WWF No Mercy..

The Royal Rumble options in No Mercy could be set to anything, like Pin, Sub, K.O, etc, it didn't have to be over the top rope. Slobber knocker was one way to make a mode similar to that one, so long as it was co-op.

When I emailed 2k I explained in detail all of that and why co-op was important to me and why I think the mode if done right could help sell more games, from a wave survival perspective.

Personally, I enjoyed WWE 13, but it quickly got boring playing it by myself. So, I asked my buddy what would make him play the game, and he said "people from back in the day when we watched it, and a royal rumble like no mercy had".

Since they've done well with the attitude / legend roster, they only needed that one mode back and he'd play like we used to.

Hopefully this clears things up as to why this was my deciding factor.
---
#7akuma634Posted 10/30/2013 10:38:47 PM
The match is in the game, you just need to unlock it through the Defend The Streak mode, I got to 29 guys and when I lost the mode was unlocked. I'm not sure if there's a certain number of wins you need or just playing it once unlocks it.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/akuma634
#8Srm the KitsunePosted 10/30/2013 10:55:57 PM
I am glad to see Slobberknocker back, I just wish we had more options with it. I've ALWAYS wanted to have a slobberknocker match with just CAWs for opponents.

I agree with the sentiment that Aki's battle royal customizations were top notch and need to be properly implemented into this series. I still pop in No Mercy on occasion just to play them.
---
"Guysh, guysh...relax, okay. I'm downstairs...okay? I'm tryin' ta play Star Fox, and I got a bootleg copy of Black Ops" - Kabal
Always 20% cooler! X3