Any reason why this is coming out on friday, instead of the normal tuesday?

#1ZakurooPosted 3/16/2014 10:46:05 AM
o3o
---
3DS Friend Code: 0130-1798-2750 Name: Dakota
PSN: Wolfy4226. Add me. Wii U: Wolfy4226 Add me.
#2thebobevilPosted 3/16/2014 11:02:44 AM
Cos it's a worldwide release, and a lot of places release games on a Friday.

Here in the UK, 99.9% of our game releases are on a Friday, also place like New Zealand, Australia, and continental Europe have Friday releases on occasion.
---
The Ignore feature of this site is essential. It really is. Makes for much better reading, and for much better discussions.
#3MathusRaynPosted 3/16/2014 7:08:36 PM
thebobevil posted...
Cos it's a worldwide release, and a lot of places release games on a Friday.

Here in the UK, 99.9% of our game releases are on a Friday, also place like New Zealand, Australia, and continental Europe have Friday releases on occasion.

So do you guys generally get games the Friday before or after us in the States since we usually get them on Tuesdays.
---
How I picture most of you:
http://imgur.com/V1qpP
#4Draven12391Posted 3/16/2014 7:15:45 PM
They usually get them AFTER the US. So we SHOULD have gotten the game on the 18th, but Naughty Dog decided to do a simultaneous release worldwide.
#5scuffpuppyPosted 3/16/2014 7:21:00 PM
Draven12391 posted...
They usually get them AFTER the US. So we SHOULD have gotten the game on the 18th, but Naughty Dog decided to do a simultaneous release worldwide.

You mean Sucker Punch Productions?
---
PSN: Scuffy_P XBL: Scuffy P NNID: ScuffyP
#6ilovedietcokePosted 3/16/2014 7:21:30 PM
In my experience from when I used to run a game retail store. The games would ship out on Tuesdays and be available to purchase in store on Wednesday. Unless it was a big title (such as this one). In that case, the stores in the states have more than likely started receiving their initial shipments last week and will continue to receive copies throughout this week and are holding those shipments until street date.
---
Won't Change This Sig Until Jack Thompson Is Brutally Beaten To Death By Kids "Under the Influence of Violent Video Games."
#7ilovedietcokePosted 3/16/2014 7:26:36 PM
Also, as a poster said above. Most western developed games would release in the US first, followed by other countries.
---
Won't Change This Sig Until Jack Thompson Is Brutally Beaten To Death By Kids "Under the Influence of Violent Video Games."
#8Arsenal0602Posted 3/16/2014 7:27:07 PM
Because I'm out of personal days at work?
#9Wolfwood44Posted 3/17/2014 8:17:03 AM
I believe it was to avoid spoilers. This way everyone should be learning things at the same time, if we lived in a perfect world.

I actually appreciate that, even though I'm in the US.
---
GT/PSN/Steam/Origin: Silt44
My Blog (Comics, Video Games, and Movies): www.arbitrarynerd.blogspot.com
#10OGCFBPosted 3/17/2014 8:21:00 AM
It's because Tuesday is the usual release day for games in the land of burgers, in the land of crumpets and almost everywhere else, it is Friday. SPP wanted to do a worldwide release to prevent spoilers, other developers have done similar worldwide releases as well.