Ugh. Texture pop-in. Not the graphical showcase I was expecting.

#1AXON HOTPosted 3/21/2014 8:37:20 AM
There's too much of it and it happens too often at too close a distance. So much for the game being on par with Killzone as a graphical showcase. Also, the frame rate isn't actually a smooth and constant 30fps.

I really wasn't expecting to see this much texture pop in and at awfully close distances in a lot of cases. And before you going saying "troll topic" or "there is non", don't bother. I uploaded a clip of my gameplay footage.

http://youtu.be/6um3XJZE120

Yes, that's just one clip but stuff like this happens all over and I could could post clips like this all day from many places on the map. It's disappointing to say the least.
---
ilovebees
#2MegabreathPosted 3/21/2014 8:41:11 AM
I noticed this in the E3 video, thought they would of sorted it out for the release.
---
Beanz on toast
#3IRuleTheSchoolPosted 3/21/2014 8:41:14 AM
yeah, that's kind of bummer.
Still looking forward to playing it when I get home though! Looks really fun!
#4Iceman-XPosted 3/21/2014 8:43:06 AM
The game is the best looking nextgen game atm. You can find fault is any game if you look hard enough, that pop in is not going to make me enjoy the game any less.
---
PSN: Iceman-X
I'm only as good as the men i serve with!!
#5s0ySaucedPosted 3/21/2014 8:43:15 AM
Did you download the patch?
---
lowercase letter
#6The_BoredomsPosted 3/21/2014 8:45:25 AM
Yikes, that's pretty jarring. It will make me enjoy the game a little bit less.
---
I could care less.
#7Snight01Posted 3/21/2014 8:47:14 AM
Hmm maybe it's installing to the hard drive while you play. Did you try it after it's installed?
---
Gamespot is the worst game review site on the internet. Avoid.
#8dfoz3Posted 3/21/2014 8:50:51 AM
I see what you are saying, but I have never played an open world game that didn't have pop in to some extent. I don't generally notice unless I am specifically looking for it.

That said, if I do start seeing all the time now I am going to blame you for pointing it out! ;)
#9AXON HOT(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2014 8:53:09 AM
s0ySauced posted...
Did you download the patch?

Of course.

Snight01 posted...
Hmm maybe it's installing to the hard drive while you play. Did you try it after it's installed?

Nope. Does it when fully installed unfortunately.
---
ilovebees
#10BloatedSquirrelPosted 3/21/2014 8:54:41 AM
AXON HOT posted...
There's too much of it and it happens too often at too close a distance. So much for the game being on par with Killzone as a graphical showcase. Also, the frame rate isn't actually a smooth and constant 30fps.

I really wasn't expecting to see this much texture pop in and at awfully close distances in a lot of cases. And before you going saying "troll topic" or "there is non", don't bother. I uploaded a clip of my gameplay footage.

http://youtu.be/6um3XJZE120

Yes, that's just one clip but stuff like this happens all over and I could could post clips like this all day from many places on the map. It's disappointing to say the least.

If you stand around doing s*** like that you don't deserve to play games.
---
"What are you pointing the gun at the suitcase for? It's dead already."