Anyone here gotten to play with the phone APP yet?

#1Evil IggyPosted 7/7/2013 5:17:07 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVmVcbEjV90

I'm under the impression that its only available in Europe and Canada right now so I'm curious as to what its like.
---
If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.
-Founding Father, James Madison
#2gunner967Posted 7/7/2013 8:18:59 AM
It's apparently only available in Canada right now, which is a bit odd.
I've checked both the Apple store and the Android store and haven't seen it in the US.
---
Xbox Live- A Killing Pie ~~~ PSN- A_Killing_Pie ~~~ Steam- DarkRift5
Awaiting: Destiny; Driveclub; KZ: Shadow Fall; Watch Dogs; Battlefield 4
#3Evil Iggy(Topic Creator)Posted 7/7/2013 10:48:19 AM
Any links to DL it directly for Android, or are the US and Canadian systems not compatible?
---
If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.
#4WM_PMCPosted 7/7/2013 2:17:28 PM
US and Canada don't seem to be compatible. I tried to download it but couldn't.
---
PSN: WingNut125
KiP Info: www.kipclan.info; KiP forum: www.kipclan.com
#5Evil Iggy(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2013 5:37:18 AM
Dang. I'm a sad hacker :(
---
#6antioppressionPosted 7/8/2013 6:17:45 PM
Holy crap, do they make it so you can hack stuff with your phone in real life?
---
www.nohomophobes.com
#7Evil Iggy(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2013 5:40:00 AM
antioppression posted...
Holy crap, do they make it so you can hack stuff with your phone in real life?

No. Its just a game in which you pretend that you are hacking the city infrastructure to help out a hacker who is running around on foot. Its supposed to be like a starter version of the mobile app that will allow you to aid people who are, at that actual moment, playing the console version.

I've set up this video link to "Jump Cut" to the relevant moment. You'll see a second screen appear in the lower-right corner. There is live video of the E3 event where this video was recorded but all it really shows is a guy picking up a tablet and poking the screen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BopujaTjfCc&feature=player_detailpage#t=344s

As you can see, the second screen is from a tablet where a "hacker" going by the handle WD_Clair helps the player out by shorting out the electrics in the helicoptor and then triggers the road blockers to raise in front of the police vehicles speeding to the scene.
---
#8antioppressionPosted 7/9/2013 3:10:05 PM
Whoa cool I'ma get dat.
---
www.nohomophobes.com
#9zero_x300Posted 7/14/2013 11:45:20 AM
Just played a few minutes of it. I played on a mode that brought up a google maps style of map of my city, that allows you to hack stuff like bus stops or other city locations. Kinda neat really.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaKAomQTLbc
#10antioppressionPosted 7/15/2013 7:30:36 PM
zero_x300 posted...
Just played a few minutes of it. I played on a mode that brought up a google maps style of map of my city, that allows you to hack stuff like bus stops or other city locations. Kinda neat really.

Tight - I'm lazy but I'ma still git dat.
---
www.nohomophobes.com