Will there be a demo?

#1cubanerrorPosted 7/25/2013 9:57:44 AM
Topic. To see how the controller works for a game which was made for mouse and keyboard...
---
PSN: xyz30-zero
#2xenosaga123Posted 7/25/2013 1:38:15 PM
not sure, maybe Blizzard might do that since it's their first console game since probably D1 on PS1 (which was ported by another company but still a Blizzard franchise.)

though considering sales wise it's already a success on PC, maybe they aren't so desperate to
release a demo for this and it will still sell based on its features and legacy.

I must admit in this case, a demo could help boost sales and get console gamers aware of its improvements and user friendly controller style. It wouldn't hurt to release a demo for this. Some companies tend to
release a demo after release, but yea it's up to them, I think it will do fine either way, but a demo could
earn more fans.
#3CapnStankyPosted 7/25/2013 1:46:37 PM
If it's a great game, a demo could only help them. Wouldn't hurt to pick one section from the game and put it up as a demo. But it's Blizzard, so don't hold your breath.
#4xenosaga123Posted 7/25/2013 3:41:31 PM
PC version has free trial, so maybe console will too.
#5CapnStankyPosted 7/25/2013 6:24:01 PM
PC doesn't have a demo. It has a trial up to level 13 via battle.net. Without Battle.net, you won't get that on a console.
#6cubanerror(Topic Creator)Posted 7/25/2013 11:41:46 PM
CapnStanky posted...
If it's a great game, a demo could only help them. Wouldn't hurt to pick one section from the game and put it up as a demo. But it's Blizzard, so don't hold your breath.

That's why I asked. Even "hardcore console players" know Diablo series, except for the youngers maybe so a demo should help them to get in the flow. As for us, it could help decide buy or not to buy because of the controls-as Diablo is HEAVILY developed for mouse&keyboard usage... Even, I expect a great game and 99% to buy it. And hope it's not another Sacred 2 (PC version: ok, PS3 version: lame).
---
#7CapnStankyPosted 7/26/2013 5:41:25 AM
cubanerror posted...
CapnStanky posted...

That's why I asked. Even "hardcore console players" know Diablo series, except for the youngers maybe so a demo should help them to get in the flow. As for us, it could help decide buy or not to buy because of the controls-as Diablo is HEAVILY developed for mouse&keyboard usage... Even, I expect a great game and 99% to buy it. And hope it's not another Sacred 2 (PC version: ok, PS3 version: lame).

If you have a 360, try the free demo of Torchlight. People that have played the console version of Diablo 3 compared it to that. The biggest differences between the console version of D3 and the PC version are:

- worse graphics, but consistently runs at 60FPS
- no auction house
- offline play allowed
- 4 player same-screen
- heavily assisted CPU targeting, making the game much easier. They also widened the area-of-effects since targeting isn't precise anymore
- number of enemies on screen greatly reduced
- roll button for all characters
#8xenosaga123Posted 7/26/2013 6:52:12 AM
Console version has redone UI and equipment shortcuts.
#9cubanerror(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2013 6:53:53 AM
CapnStanky posted...
cubanerror posted...
CapnStanky posted...

If you have a 360, try the free demo of Torchlight. People that have played the console version of Diablo 3 compared it to that. The biggest differences between the console version of D3 and the PC version are:

- worse graphics, but consistently runs at 60FPS
- no auction house
- offline play allowed
- 4 player same-screen
- heavily assisted CPU targeting, making the game much easier. They also widened the area-of-effects since targeting isn't precise anymore
- number of enemies on screen greatly reduced
- roll button for all characters

Thank you Cap, you are very well informed! I don't have 360 but have a(n old) PC, tried Torchlight 2 demo (it runs but with lags, still seems a great game) and tried Diablo's pc version. I don't care about graphics (my friend's PC is very solid, we played at the highest resolution without lagging so I was sure console version will be worse than that), I was very happy that we can play offline (even if plans to play online also we don't HAVE TO), auction house is not a big deal for me, planned to offline co-op with friends.
Now that's where things starts: the targetting. If it will be good the game will be good for sure (again, for me). Roll button=easier gameplay I think (a bit of Darksiders/God of War-feeling) and number of enemies reduced means at least it won't lag much.
Again, thanks for so much infos!
---
#10cubanerror(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2013 7:04:42 AM
xenosaga123 posted...
Console version has redone UI and equipment shortcuts.

Cool.
---