Character saves

#1RD_21Posted 9/15/2013 4:27:07 PM
Is there a way to split the character saves from the game saves?

Champions of Norrath is probably my favorite game of the genre and one of my favorite of all time. One neat feature in their game was that you could export the character from the save and import him back. So my friends and I would have our individual game and one collective game.

All we had to do was export our characters and bring them n our collective game and once we were done we only had to re-import them back so our character progress would carry on, but our individual games wouldn't be messed up.

Is there a way to do that in this game or if I am want to play with my gf local and sometime with my friend online I need 2 characters? Because it seems that if you are not at the same point in the story you will skip ahead or Heinz. Did I miss something(I hope I have)?
#2demonichatePosted 9/15/2013 4:32:39 PM
copy game to cloud or to a USB drive.. there is your communal save, so you can play with friends, just dont put it back on your PS3 or else you will replace your solo save.
---
" I eat dead people " - Dovahkin,Skyrim
Xbox Gamertag : XXDemonichateXX
#3demonichatePosted 9/15/2013 4:34:08 PM
thinkign about it you may have already knwon about this method.. im sorry.

if you already knew of this method than...

sorry i do not know of anyways to extracts character saves..
---
#4RD_21(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2013 4:56:38 PM
So that means you can't join random games either or you could screw your save.

I don't know, to me it seems obvious that you should have a game save and a character save, but maybe not for the devs.

You should be able to progress your character further online and come back to your game state, oh well.
#5demonichatePosted 9/15/2013 7:36:01 PM
but you do know that you can go back and redo quests whenever you want right?
---
#6RD_21(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2013 12:20:17 PM
demonichate posted...
but you do know that you can go back and redo quests whenever you want right?

No, just played the demo and I'm about to really start the game. Will look into it. But if my friends already did the quest when I join him, will they appear in my log or whatever as completed too? Will I still be able to access them?

And if I am farther in the game then he is, will I regress back when I come back to my game or just be able to continue where I left off?