Game froze, data corrupted D:

#11SmexyLuckyPosted 9/20/2013 5:12:59 AM
Torebackula posted...
Was lvling my barb solo through act 3 when my game unexpectedly froze up. Nothing to do but turn off/on my console, and to my surprise when I started back up the game told me my data had been corrupted, had to start fresh :/ shame I finally got my CM wiz just the way I liked her...

I have problems like that often (on a different game though) so I often quit the game and backup my save on a flash drive, thankfully I haven't used it yet, but in case, I know my stuff is saved if it were to get corrupted.
---
I'm a gamer female, don't judge me or get in my way. Have a good day.
******PSN: SmexyLucky******
#1276ThanosPosted 9/20/2013 5:18:28 AM
How can I back up my save file on a flash drive??????? If i lost my barb I would cry. Maybe not play again either. Im very sorry to hear of everyone that lost their character :(
#13SmexyLuckyPosted 9/20/2013 5:33:15 AM
76Thanos posted...
How can I back up my save file on a flash drive??????? If i lost my barb I would cry. Maybe not play again either. Im very sorry to hear of everyone that lost their character :(

Insert flash drive into USB spot, go to saved data utility (ps3) go to diablo save, triangle copy and select the flash.... If it were to mess up on ya, and you'd need to use the save flash data, then just do the same, instead go to the USB and copy onto the ps3. Be sure to save onto flash daily... Or like after you did something really neat, rare, or hugely upgraded.. Like I do, so I don't loose it. (Slows farming/leveling down but IMO it's worth it in the long run)
---
I'm a gamer female, don't judge me or get in my way. Have a good day.
******PSN: SmexyLucky******
#1476ThanosPosted 9/20/2013 5:42:34 AM
Thanks SmexyLucky . I need to get a flash drive now. Wasnt sure what that was lol. I will just track this topic for now.
#15mpd49Posted 9/20/2013 6:02:42 AM
I feel like this is a support group for those of us that lose someone. Mine froze this weekend, I took Friday and Monday off of work to literally just do this. Leveled up my Demon Hunter to 57, about to start the final stages of my 3rd play-through and getting ready to start Inferno as soon as I completed and hit 60 - then BOOM, game freezes. Now in Borderlands 2, this would happen often as I like to play online. I'd simply have to manually turn off the ps3 then turn back on and continue where I left off - but here on Diablo 3, I was also playing online - game froze, turned off manually and restarted, loaded up the game and got that dreaded "the file save you have is corrupted and items or characters any be missing" Well, in short everything was gone - I was so angry, 30 plus hours down the drain. Had to delete the file said I wouldn't play again, but I did - playing as a wizard which might be more fun that DH, but it's close. Anyway, I'm also now saving on a USB stick, but to be honest with you - the 60 dollar game plus 400 dollar console make pretty clear I shouldn't have to save my junk to a 4 dollar memory stick. Now the only corrupt stuff I'm seeing is how this hasn't been fixed somehow (or not released until it was fixed) - there are tons of boards like this with people having similar problems. I enjoy the game, but it's a crappy product that seems it was rushed if it allows this to happen. Anyway, just my 2 cents. Lesson learned, saving my games today, though I think it's a crime considering the money we spend on this stuff. Have a great Friday, see you online - psn mpd46
#16unmovePosted 9/20/2013 6:36:06 AM
SkrallRampager posted...
I do make backups.

It's just that the backup doesn't load any of my characters.
It's like an empty save file.

yesterday someone else posted that this happened to them... far more worrisome than data corruption itself.

anyways, blizzard is collecting info on freezes and crashes.. if you can post to the battle.net forums.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9882019484
---
know=no
#17LootScootNBoogyPosted 9/20/2013 6:54:13 AM
Yep same thing happened to me yesterday... lv 60 WD and lv 60 monk (14 paragon) down the drain. glad i have to back up my 250gb hard drive with a 500 gb external... do i back up the external with a usb stick to make sure? SMH
---
PsN JVervy15
#18SkrallRampagerPosted 9/21/2013 10:02:39 AM
Wow.... it happened again.

My save game loads nothing.... it's empty....

This is jokes.....
#19AnyNamesLeft1Posted 9/21/2013 11:14:02 AM
Motions_NL posted...
People really need to learn how to make back-ups!
Everything that has to do with electronics can get broke and data loss happens a lot of times.

Because its clearly the players fault that the game froze, not the system/developer...for the life of me I don't remember my n64 saves corrupting
---
Unlimited talk text and data. www.solavei.com/rashamblanding
My gaming/off topic community. Livinglegacy.enjin.com