Infernal Machine, what is your strategy to get the Hellfire ring parts to drop?

#13500zPosted 9/24/2013 10:02:26 AM(edited)
I farmed this weekend and have 3 keys of Destruction, 3 keys of Hate, 3 keys of Terror and the Inferno Machine plan. I crafted 3 Infernal machines and I saved my file at this point on a USB.

I'm playing on Inferno Master 1. I got 3 stacks of NV and I opened the ports and killed all six of them uber bosses. The fat thing that farts did not drop a part. I have the other two parts.

Is there a way to make the Ubers respawn without losing your ports? I just quit and the ports were gone.

What should I do?
1. Reload save and try again.

2. Farm for another 9 keys and hope they drop the parts? (I think this is the worst option)

3. Reload save and wait until I can beat these ubers at Master 5?

edit:
4. Farm for another set of keys and make a save and reload until Chao port appears again.
---
Guns Don't Kill People, I do~!
#2vageta31Posted 9/24/2013 10:12:16 AM
The best option is to find 3 other buddies each with 3 of their own machines. Then you take turns hosting so you get 4 rounds of kills. Even at master 1, you should be lucky enough to get at least one part from each pair of bosses.

If you insist on save scumming then why not just use one machine and kill the bosses. No piece, reload until you finally get it. Then save and use another machine until you get the right portal and get the drops. Save and use the 3rd until you get the right portal and get the drops... That's exceedingly boring though just for a single hellfire ring.

Just do what most people do, turn your normal gear farming run into a key run as well. Make the keywarden a standard part of any farming run because they can also drop other legendary's anyways. The absolute best way is to do these key runs with 3 other people. You're all getting keys at the same time and will all be able to build 3 machines together. Absolutely no more efficient way to go about it than this. You do 4x the work in the same time it would take you to do it solo, plus you get the bonus exp and magic find.
---
Dark Souls Youtube channel - Tutorials, challenge runs, pvp and new content.
http://www.youtube.com/user/vageta311
#3John_8_RamboPosted 9/24/2013 10:13:11 AM
I don't know how to keep your ports or machines, but I've heard master V guarantees the drops.

I did all three yesterday on master 5 but got a 3 stack of NV just to be safe; they all dropped the materials.
---
PSN: John_J_Rambo
#4RB___OGPosted 9/24/2013 10:18:44 AM
A higher master level = better drops. You don't have to go straight to M5 but the higher you can manage the better your chances. As you said, make sure you have 3 stacks of nef valor.
---
Guns for show, Knives for a pro
#53500z(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2013 10:26:39 AM
Thanks for all of the suggestions. But I just started another run on KW1 and he dropped the key, Harvest Moon Plan and Bul-Kathos Warrior Blood.

I also leveled a Paragon, lol!

Will just farm for Act 2 & 3 keys and reload save until Chaos port opens.
---
#6aforgetitPosted 9/24/2013 4:32:22 PM(edited)
I will do a master 5 uber carry if you provide the machines. I'm a 550k+ dps unbuffed hota barb. Message me on psn if you're interested.
---
PSN ID: mgborr
#73500z(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2013 10:41:27 PM
aforgetit posted...
I will do a master 5 uber carry if you provide the machines. I'm a 550k+ dps unbuffed hota barb. Message me on psn if you're interested.

Thanks for the offer but I made another IF and got the Hellfire ring. I did it on Master II.
---
#8Motions_NLPosted 9/24/2013 11:16:55 PM
Just do it on master V with friends.
It's always better to play in a group.
You don't have to provide all the machines and thus you can make more hf rings.
---
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Motions-2564/
PSN: Mot1ons_NL - add me for D3 online
#9MegaqwertyPosted 9/25/2013 7:15:18 AM
Are the stacks of Valor necessary for keys to drop or do they merely improve the probability of keys dropping?
---
Men have what I call a Columbus complex: other people may have been there, but we still want to feel like we discovered it.
#103500z(Topic Creator)Posted 9/25/2013 9:34:27 AM
Megaqwerty posted...
Are the stacks of Valor necessary for keys to drop or do they merely improve the probability of keys dropping?

It's mandatory to get NV stacks first.
---