Question about hardcore mode.

#1spacemonkey830Posted 10/4/2013 6:45:59 AM
If you die in hardcore are you able to reload a saved file? I enjoy the normal mode but nothing is really at risk if you die. At the same time, it would be incredibly frustrating to level a character up to level 30+ and then die and lose everything. I was hoping there would be a middle ground where you'd just lose the experience and loot you acquired since your last save but you could still reload it.
#2kayarrPosted 10/4/2013 6:54:06 AM
There is always the option to copy your save data onto a USB stick (or Online Storage) - and copy it back if your character dies...

But this requires you to do this every time you play (to avoid losing any progress) - and you have to have a Playstation Plus account to use the Copy feature.
#3lezardthewizardPosted 10/4/2013 6:56:08 AM
spacemonkey830 posted...
If you die in hardcore are you able to reload a saved file? I enjoy the normal mode but nothing is really at risk if you die. At the same time, it would be incredibly frustrating to level a character up to level 30+ and then die and lose everything. I was hoping there would be a middle ground where you'd just lose the experience and loot you acquired since your last save but you could still reload it.

In hardcore if you die it all gone, puff, say goodbye to your character, howerver many ppl make exploit of the fact you can back up your savefiles of the PS3 to a flashdrive and make periodic backups so if they die in HC the just reload the back up, this it's not "legit" per sei, but it can be done.
The game was designed to:
- HC char, if you die, YOU DIE.
- Normal char, if you die, meh.
---
(DD: hitokiri33 / Freya-sorceress lvl 200) - (UMVC3 Team // learning ZMC) (FF: 8>7>X>XII>6>9>X-2>4>XIII>XIII-2>3>5>2>1)
#4_Spes_Posted 10/4/2013 6:58:23 AM
Just remember to back up your save often because if you die and load up previous save data, it will load data for all of your characters. So if you had played other characters, you would lose that progress due to the save file reverting to the last progress for all characters.
---
Sic Parvis Magna
#5spacemonkey830(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2013 6:58:26 AM
Thank you. So does this mean if I die in hardcore mode the save file on my PS3 is erased unless I back it up?
#6lezardthewizardPosted 10/4/2013 6:58:58 AM
kayarr posted...
and you have to have a Playstation Plus account to use the Copy feature.

No you don't, you can copy to flashdrive or another account on the same PS3 and not have PS+.
I do periodic back ups of my savefile for the risk of data corruption (never happened to me but none the less better save than sorry), and im not a PS+ user.
---
(DD: hitokiri33 / Freya-sorceress lvl 200) - (UMVC3 Team // learning ZMC) (FF: 8>7>X>XII>6>9>X-2>4>XIII>XIII-2>3>5>2>1)
#7spacemonkey830(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2013 7:00:08 AM
Thank you all, please ignore my last post.