Im a little confused about infernal machine/portal

#1Retrogamer79Posted 10/10/2013 12:40:48 PM
So i finally got the parts needed to make the Infernal Machine, went to the house in act one and opened the portal. I (barely) managed to kill the 2 bosses in there and then....nothing.

There was no decent loot (just a few yellows) and more importantly no hellfire ring part, After i defeated the demons i walked around for a bit but found nothingelse so i left. Did i do anything wrong?
---
We don't stop playing because we grow old; We grow old because we stop playing.
4,8,15,16,23,42....never forget
#2MojoMagePosted 10/10/2013 12:44:34 PM
did you have all 3 stacks of nephalem valor? and they are only guaranteed to drop on M5 i believe.
---
PSN / XBOX LIVE- MojoMage
...is a ninja
#3Retrogamer79(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2013 1:00:27 PM
I didnt have the stacked valor so that could be why, i was playing on M5 tho which is why im a bit confused about the lack of any decent loot.
---
We don't stop playing because we grow old; We grow old because we stop playing.
4,8,15,16,23,42....never forget
#4BeAsT-Dr1v3Posted 10/10/2013 1:03:52 PM
There are 3 portals you can open one after another. I would say go in with 3 Inferno Machines to have the best chances of getting all 3 parts. Also like Mojo said, get your 3 stacks of Valor before you even consider to attempt doing this. I play on M III and still get them to drop almost every single time. Depending on what piece you need is dependant on what portal you open.

-The breakdown -

Go and collect 3 of each key 1st (3 stacks of NV before attempting)
Trade them 9 keys (3 of each) for 3 Inferno Machines
Make sure you have 3 stacks of NV
Go open a portal and finish the fight
Open another portal and finish
Open the last portal

^ Rinse and repeat

People might not care for duping but if you want the best outcome you can save your game on a flash drive with 3 Inferno Machines before attempting this (Saves SO MUCH TIME) collecting the dam keys over and over again. Besides, this is not duping. All your doing is seeing what parts you get.

^ Repeat this step with as many parts as you can get

Get around 3-5 parts each to where you can make 3-5 rings, backup your save.
Come back in and make 3 Hellfire Rings
If they are not to your liking......

^ Reload then rinse and repeat :)

The last option is best when you already have as many parts you want before making the Hellfire Rings. No fight, valor stacking, key collecting and time consumption needed.

All you do is load up and make the Rings
Repeat as many times needed.
#5taylo72Posted 10/10/2013 1:37:45 PM
pretty much what he said.... 3 key wardens 3 stacks valor 3 keys 3 portals 3 boss fights 3 seperate organs that possibly drop depending on difficulty..only master 5 is 100 percent drop on key wardens and infernal machine bosses ONLY if u have 3 stacks nephalem valor.. master 1 is 60 percent, master 2 is 70 percent, and etc .. but only if you have 3 valor.... I think helfire rings are overrated..but some times the bosses drop another legendary with it... this kinda "farming" seems like the only thing to do after 60.. fun game.... and yes its best with a group whereas you can alternate/shadre portals because if you only have 1 or 2, there is a possibility the next time you make an infernal machine portal...it could take you to the same realm..BAM!
#6BeAsT-Dr1v3Posted 10/10/2013 1:44:27 PM
taylo also made a great point as well. just continuously farming these bad boys can get you and eventually will some very good gear/items.

I also believe that the Hellfire rings are overrated. I don't care for them myself. I only wore them for the EXP boost even though I have items that give me just as much. Unless I find a nice one with the stats Im looking for of course :) but the EXP and balls of Inferno are there so it would be kinda painful to make one unless your lucky.
#7jaZzyjeff818Posted 10/12/2013 3:37:13 AM
BeAsT-Dr1v3 posted...
There are 3 portals you can open one after another. I would say go in with 3 Inferno Machines to have the best chances of getting all 3 parts. Also like Mojo said, get your 3 stacks of Valor before you even consider to attempt doing this. I play on M III and still get them to drop almost every single time. Depending on what piece you need is dependant on what portal you open.

-The breakdown -

Go and collect 3 of each key 1st (3 stacks of NV before attempting)
Trade them 9 keys (3 of each) for 3 Inferno Machines
Make sure you have 3 stacks of NV
Go open a portal and finish the fight
Open another portal and finish
Open the last portal

^ Rinse and repeat

People might not care for duping but if you want the best outcome you can save your game on a flash drive with 3 Inferno Machines before attempting this (Saves SO MUCH TIME) collecting the dam keys over and over again. Besides, this is not duping. All your doing is seeing what parts you get.

^ Repeat this step with as many parts as you can get

Get around 3-5 parts each to where you can make 3-5 rings, backup your save.
Come back in and make 3 Hellfire Rings
If they are not to your liking......

^ Reload then rinse and repeat :)

The last option is best when you already have as many parts you want before making the Hellfire Rings. No fight, valor stacking, key collecting and time consumption needed.

All you do is load up and make the Rings
Repeat as many times needed.

Can you explain more on this? If I make a backup save with three infernal machines, load my original save, and then open three portals to get one organ part of each, how do I end up with 3-5 of each organ part?