Will there be a HUGE difference between the PS4 and PS3 version?

#1CplBrownPosted 6/2/2013 8:48:55 PM
Usually some games are somewhat different between different consoles/systems, or graphic wise. Will there be any noticeable differences in the game (Ex. PS3 has lower graphic volume than PS4 or PS3 will have only one disc while Xbox 360 will have 2-3)
---
Zombie Odst Blue Soldier
#2THE_JOKE_KING33Posted 6/3/2013 9:00:11 AM
More than likely better graphics, more detail, and the option to use the PS4's touch controls. Maybe some next-gen exclusive stuff but I can't be sure.
---
"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever!" - Baron Munchhausen
#3GamerTPosted 6/3/2013 7:11:33 PM
Not sure. But, Bungie did say that they would have exclusive content for the PS4 version of the game. This content may very well only be on the PS4 and not be present in the PS3 version of Destiny.
---
[XBL] SxM TRS ZeRo "You don't die from drinking and driving.....You die from getting Drunk and driving!"
#4params7Posted 6/4/2013 9:16:29 AM
Obviously performance will be a lot better on ps4 in terms of visuals, framerate, etc. Not sure about exclusive game content, since both PS3 and PS4 players will be playing together right? Or I may be confusing this with Dust 514.
---
http://i.imgur.com/HMCI3vM.png
#5dotsgalore218Posted 6/6/2013 12:13:03 AM
If it was exactly the same game i would buy it on PS4 because it would conceivably run a lot smoother due to hardware. They'll no doubt give us a reason to buy this version though, which will no doubt be the more expensive.
---
Not changing my sig until Sydney FC win the AFC Champions League (started 14-2-10)
#6MajesticFerretPosted 6/11/2013 9:20:16 PM
Open world games are already very taxing on hardware, and making that open world an MMO is going to make it that much harder to run, which is why most MMO's look like PS2 games.

Assuming Bungie makes it so the game runs well on PS3 (consistent frame rate), the graphics should be WAYYY turned down. Most SP games look much worse than this and we all see how much graphics get nerfed when going into MP and that's usually for tiny maps.

You'll probably see a far bigger difference in the PS4 version of this graphics than a game like ACIV and possibly even BF4 as well.
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get with it is rational thought, but with crazy the sky's the limit.
#7RemakeMePosted 6/11/2013 11:10:25 PM
Also since PS4 is a highly optimized low-mid range gaming pc...the norm in the player limit in games is usually doubled.

Also i imagine games like Battlefield and Destiny can also handle split screen options oppose to current gen versions.
---
"There's No absolutes in life. Only in Vodka"
#8havok718Posted 6/12/2013 2:07:14 AM
Well you won't have to get PSN+ to play online on a PS3... right?
#9hokieneerPosted 6/13/2013 7:03:45 AM
MajesticFerret posted...
Open world games are already very taxing on hardware, and making that open world an MMO is going to make it that much harder to run, which is why most MMO's look like PS2 games.

Assuming Bungie makes it so the game runs well on PS3 (consistent frame rate), the graphics should be WAYYY turned down. Most SP games look much worse than this and we all see how much graphics get nerfed when going into MP and that's usually for tiny maps.

You'll probably see a far bigger difference in the PS4 version of this graphics than a game like ACIV and possibly even BF4 as well.

During the initial presser back in Feb., I seem to remember them talking about a dedicated "ethernet CPU" (maybe just a module) that would be used to provide better network data transferring while the main APU was in use playing a game. Maybe it was just a core dedicated to networking IO.

I can't remember exactly, but if that's the case, then games like Destiny or traditional MMOs should be greatly enhanced on the PS4 vs current-gen hardware.
#10shadowscreedPosted 6/13/2013 8:20:51 AM
graphics and everything will be better. this game will also last maybe 2 years full of dlc. so just wait.
---
DeAD!! and LOvIn IT