This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

An open letter to those against matchmaking...

#1PyjamaHeroPosted 8/6/2014 5:04:23 AM
Please construct an actual argument. Not being interested in using it, not wanting to play with randoms or not needing it are not valid reasons for advocating its removal. If others use it but you don't that has exactly zero effect on you.

I don't want it so no one should have it is an idiotic point of reasoning and it's getting worn out.

It's my belief Bungie wants to head off the complaints they would receive from players using matchmaking who consistently fail. They gave the indication in the ign article that they knew this decision would be unpopular with some. They let everyone know how the raids are going to be, proactively released the tools to get involved in groups and clans so those who wanted to raid could get a jump on meeting like minded players, and will weather the storm until everyone gets over this issue.

You may disagree with them, and most of the points made for having matchmaking are totally correct, but a fair number in the community are concerned about having the game lose it's challenge when an avalanche of difficulty complaints are leveled at Bungie by unprepared players looking for a quick and dirty raiding experience.

No matter what camp you're in, the argument "I don't want it so we don't need it." should stop. Think harder about why Bungie has made the decision they did and formulate a reply that's not just about screwing over other members of the community.
---
"But I am I. And I won't subordinate my taste to the unanimous judgment of mankind."
View contact info for ALL systems in my user profile.
#2P_CrazyPosted 8/6/2014 5:13:31 AM
No one is actually against matchmaking, TC. It's just fanboys defending the designer's decision.
#3NewVirtuePosted 8/6/2014 5:14:49 AM
its not matchmaking that i care most about, infact half the time i find independent sites do it better then ingame (there version of matchmaking would be like strike right? just random queue? many better ways to do it). But not being able to extend your voice, not being able to text chat, no central hub/lobby that more then 16 ppl can gather, no way to control the channels/servers you enter. I feel if we had 2 or even just 1 of these the lack of matchmaking wouldnt bother me. but your expected to find ppl to raid with ALL OF THIS against you?

I could explain how any one of these could be helpful btw, if anyone cares.
---
PSN: NewVirtue
#4Praise_the_Sun_Posted 8/6/2014 5:19:42 AM
I created a topic asking this same question awhile back and the only semi logical responce I got was, "people will complain when it's to hard for randoms to complete, and demand a nerf". Which has a very simple solution, instead of holding firm on matchmaking, hold firm on the idea that raid are supposed to be hard and dont change them.

Keeping content away from pay consumers because your afraid that some might complain shows a sever lack of back bone on bungies part.
---
"hey is that a..." *smashed by boulder*
#5doughnutmanPosted 8/6/2014 5:23:31 AM
And the fact that if your progress is check pointed it'll be easier to regroup with your friends than with random on the longer raids.

I wouldn't want to ever try to get the same random people from matchmaking together again for a raid.

If anyone drops out. Then you're down a person. And I know for me personally. I wouldn't want to be put into a raid that's already in progress.

And it gives people the chance to join in progress raids and get the rewards easier. And people won't care about quitting as much.
---
PSN: ArsenicJoker
#6BombayNugzPosted 8/6/2014 5:27:49 AM
Randoms are bad, it will be extremely frustrating if the content is difficult.
---
Nebraska Cornhuskers
PSN: BOMBAYNUGZ420
#7Extreme_lightPosted 8/6/2014 5:29:22 AM
This is just pointless back-n-forth. Both sides have already presented their good argument. Move on.
---
Of course sometime ish goes down when there's a billion dollars on the elevator!
"The world we purport to know is ever changing, ending as we speak."
#8BombayNugzPosted 8/6/2014 5:34:01 AM
BombayNugz posted...

Bonus: no matchmaking prevents the masses from being carried by a group of good players, and requires them to get good themselves in order to be an actual asset to a group. Or just fail die and quit the game. Either way, its for the better.
---
Nebraska Cornhuskers
PSN: BOMBAYNUGZ420
#9PyjamaHero(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2014 5:34:15 AM
Extreme_light posted...
This is just pointless back-n-forth. Both sides have already presented their good argument. Move on.

My issue is people keep saying "I don't want to play with randoms" as if they're going to be forced to use matchmaking. That's not an argument, it's a statement and has no value in this discussion. Matchmaking or not your fear will never be realized.
---
"But I am I. And I won't subordinate my taste to the unanimous judgment of mankind."
View contact info for ALL systems in my user profile.
#10Extreme_lightPosted 8/6/2014 5:37:38 AM
BombayNugz posted...
BombayNugz posted...

Bonus: no matchmaking prevents the masses from being carried by a group of good players, and requires them to get good themselves in order to be an actual asset to a group. Or just fail die and quit the game. Either way, its for the better.

That happens with matchmaking as well... And there is no guaranteed that your team is filled with good players without matchmaking.
---
Of course sometime ish goes down when there's a billion dollars on the elevator!
"The world we purport to know is ever changing, ending as we speak."