Armored Core V or VD? (I want Campaign)

#1supershadonicPosted 9/27/2013 2:24:40 AM(edited)
I'm not an Armored Core fan. Only Armored Core I played was For Answer.

I enjoyed the Offline Campaign of For Answer.

My questions are:

1 Does this game have an offline Campaign mode? If yes then>>>>
2 Is this game's offline campaign mode better or is V's offline campaign mode better?
3 In For Answer there was a lot of tuning and customization, which among Verdict Day and V has more customization options or more exiting customization options (You can spoil me)
4 I heard that V AC designs are bad.. what about VD's AC designs?
#2Strakadh_OFPosted 9/27/2013 2:30:43 AM
I will tell you right now that neither game has a good campaign, which is the main complaint from all the bks who hate the series now because they cant play online(not aimed at you, sort of )

However, if you are dead set on getting your mech fix(as if there is another option on 360?), VD is the superior game in every single aspect I have seen. Literally the only thing I miss from V was the voice my AC used, the male ones are not deep nor electronic sounding. Completely personal preference.

VD has every part that V has, with a plethora of extras added. Parts were completely rebalanced as well, which has made many more playstyles viable. Though if you don't play online that's pretty much a moot point, the SP is laughably easy 4/5 missions.

Its so disappointing to see people that are only interested in SP, the online in VD is a completely different beast than V. I never waited more than 20 seconds to get into a match, whereas in V you could easily wait for 10 minutes the first week of release, and an hour or more after the first couple of months.
---
--KazamaKojinrai--
Exactly correct TC. This is how Steam has been doing it for years and it works fine.[Shill ProTip:Log into an alt before praising yourself]
#3Crystal_DreamPosted 9/27/2013 6:02:16 AM
Strakadh_OF posted...
Its so disappointing to see people that are only interested in SP, the online in VD is a completely different beast than V. I never waited more than 20 seconds to get into a match, whereas in V you could easily wait for 10 minutes the first week of release, and an hour or more after the first couple of months.

Well, I kinda like games with a good SP because, once online dies out, I still have something to play.

Nice to hear that VD's online community's good though; I'm thinking of getting this early so I can join the fray before it starts dwindling,
---
"That's because the player keeps mashing the button!"
-Deadpool after slapping Wolverine repeatedly in "Deadpool: The Game"
#4OmbraPosted 9/27/2013 7:27:45 AM
Strakadh_OF posted...
I will tell you right now that neither game has a good campaign, which is the main complaint from all the bks who hate the series now because they cant play online(not aimed at you, sort of )

However, if you are dead set on getting your mech fix(as if there is another option on 360?), VD is the superior game in every single aspect I have seen. Literally the only thing I miss from V was the voice my AC used, the male ones are not deep nor electronic sounding. Completely personal preference.

VD has every part that V has, with a plethora of extras added. Parts were completely rebalanced as well, which has made many more playstyles viable. Though if you don't play online that's pretty much a moot point, the SP is laughably easy 4/5 missions.

I'm disappointed that they're so gung ho about multiplayer that they shortchanged the single player, effectively turning off the fanbase of their franchise..I'm enjoying the single player, but knowing that ALL their effort and creativity went into the singleplayer leaves a bad taste..
I know it could be a lot worse, it could be online online only like Titanfall, but making an AI based conquest mode (think dynasty warriors empires)would have went a long way, and sold them more copies than what they'll make off of the new online centric fanbase. I really hope they take that idea to heart the next time they go about this series.
---
"..the board isn't a discussion Baird for the entire series, it's for the one game only." Genius Mod on why HNK Musou board is 40% off topic.
#5Strakadh_OFPosted 9/28/2013 12:40:52 AM
Crystal_Dream posted...
Strakadh_OF posted...

Well, I kinda like games with a good SP because, once online dies out, I still have something to play.

Nice to hear that VD's online community's good though; I'm thinking of getting this early so I can join the fray before it starts dwindling,

Yes for your own sake please do get it, times short. I got this knowing full well it will be dead in a couple months, but its not as if I can get any other kind of online mech combat on 360 so its worth the buy.

Though why this board is a complete graveyard is beyond me, and it really bugs me. Where the **** did everyone go?
I know a lot of people both the big teams and the little guys were turned off of MP because of the awful wait and Namco fingering the rest of the world when it came to fixing the flash/gat/RJ heavy/arm combo that SoA abused so extensively.

That part really stuck in my craw, updating Japan and making everyone wait how long? I don't even know because the game died shortly after they announced the patch wasn't coming any time soon.

That said, there were a hell of a lot of people that were both very good and very serious about this game, and loved the AC combat. Now I have not seen a single person or team on the board that I recognize except Aflixns age old SoA recruitment topic. Surely some sizable percentage of these people are playing this game as well, maybe not.
---
--KazamaKojinrai--
Exactly correct TC. This is how Steam has been doing it for years and it works fine.[Shill ProTip:Log into an alt before praising yourself]
#6ShadeExiaGenPosted 9/28/2013 2:14:28 AM
Sorry man most my crew wasn't going to give bamco another go at there wallet.
I used to run "Lynx" before the severs died, we had a good 20 active people. Then we got the finger an left.

I'm on ACVD though looking for new members....

still looking XD
---
GT- Shade A Genobee -Leader of The Exiled Shogunate
#7DredWulfPosted 9/28/2013 3:08:39 PM
Yeah same here with Heavy Company I know the feeling as now rebuilding...thing is I loved V as a concept just bad execution..VD changed all that the game is dying not because of bad methane but because they released it right after gta v and at the advent of the next gens if this was the game v was originally and released last year instead of v I bet people would still be playing now.
#8Gun SagePosted 9/28/2013 6:51:18 PM
I'd have to disagree with you there Ombra... I (and I'm sure many other AC vets) love the new multiplayer focus that the series has been getting, simply for the fact that the AI is often too easy, or only has difficulty based on mech design... Something you can't really prepare for if the briefing doesn't explicitly say "Will need to fire copious amounts of ammunition to kill hundreds of smaller targets, and still have enough ammo for a meatshield of a boss at the end, before running through hundreds of smaller enemies to escape"

Obviously this isn't every mission, and it's part of the enjoyment of the game to be forced into new configurations and step outside of your comfort zone when designing, but still... It can really break my appreciation of the game when I need info that I cannot have without a "retry" button...
---
#9Strakadh_OFPosted 9/29/2013 12:57:56 AM
I don't remember the old AC games having campaigns that were all that great.

They were much better yes, but they weren't as good as all the people complaining here would make you think.

Not to mention the lack of challenge, yes some parts were hard. Fighting humans is almost always more challenging, not to mention more satisfying and engaging.
---
--KazamaKojinrai--
#10Emerald_LancePosted 10/3/2013 1:25:36 PM
Neither AC5 nor Verdict Day have good campaigns. However, if you have to get one or the other, and you're going for campaign, grab AC5; it has long campaign missions (longer than For Answer's to be sure) and they tend to be pretty challenging and different from one another. Verdict Day's campaign (at least in my playthrough so far) is like a CoD campaign: it only exists so that they can say there is one.

Verdict day is to AC5 as For answer is to AC4: it's more an expansion than a new game. For that reason, the AC designs in Verdict day are the exact same as the ones in AC5.

My suggestion? The best Armored Core game for story will probably be AC4, and I would really suggest picking it up if you haven't played it already. Also, Fiona Jarnefeldt is a WAAAY nicer operator than Kasumi Sumika. Just saying.
More topics from this board...
This Is Not OkayRopeBJohnson210/20 3:22AM