The best Booster

#1ElimRawnePosted 10/11/2013 6:38:10 AM
What do you guys think?

Currently I mainlyuse the Asagao mdl 1 for most of my acs. The low energy drain is something I really like, since I also use the Suzumushi Engine a lot. With that combination, you can build acs which are able to stay in air for a very long time.

I tried the BA-309, sure it is great in High Boost mode, but the energy drain is too high for my taste.

For my lights though I tried the Tokonatsu mdl 1 for surprisingly well results. For a highpower booster it has low drain and the accleration and speed are very good. Of course the things are damn heavy.

For me the Combo of Suzumushi / Asagao (both versions) seems relatively strong.
I prefer the mdl 1 though cause they make you faster.
#2obliviondollPosted 10/11/2013 7:07:39 AM
Suzumushi/309 isn't only great for High Boost, but Glide Boost as well - the HB energy use stat is also used to calculate glide boost drain, and almsot any build you can come up with using Suzumushi and 309 will have inifinite glide in scan mode.

Pretty useful on lighter ACs.
---
"I want my meals to think for myself"
#3ElimRawne(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2013 8:09:32 AM
With Asagao, I can do that in Battle Mode as well ;)
#4ZetiosPosted 10/11/2013 8:53:46 AM
I prefer Infinite High Boost builds. The 18k Generator and 1 of 2 low consumption boosters. You can pretty much build almost any build off of that, except for tank builds.
#5obliviondollPosted 10/11/2013 9:59:36 AM
ElimRawne posted...
With Asagao, I can do that in Battle Mode as well ;)

You're losing a lot of speed to do it with Asagao, and with the right build, you can make infinite combat mode glide boost with 309s too.
---
#6RavenMKIIIPosted 10/11/2013 10:38:53 AM
as long the hb is 300 or more, you are decent with it (mostly for bipeds in my case). I use shinatsu (forgot the ACVD name) on lw and mw bipeds + lw reverse joint. I use dafeng (forgot the ACVD name again, sorry D=) on quad and hw bipedal (rarely use HRJ XD)

But some of my ac are only running at 285 to almost 300 hb.
---
PSN ID: RavenMKIII
#7obliviondollPosted 10/11/2013 10:45:15 AM
RavenMKIII posted...
as long the hb is 300 or more, you are decent with it (mostly for bipeds in my case). I use shinatsu (forgot the ACVD name) on lw and mw bipeds + lw reverse joint. I use dafeng (forgot the ACVD name again, sorry D=) on quad and hw bipedal (rarely use HRJ XD)

But some of my ac are only running at 285 to almost 300 hb.

BA-309 is the Shinatsu. I forgot the Dafeng name too, I have issues running high power boosters and stick to accel. Usually run the BA-214 (UBT-25/H from ACV).

Asagao is a new booster that's low consumption, and it struggles to break that 300 threshold even on most LBP legs. Which is why it's not enough for me.

My current LBP blader I'm working on has 380 HB with Shinatsu/309, but Asagao cuts it WAAAAAY back to 293.
---
#8ElimRawne(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2013 1:47:50 PM
On a blader thats a different story. But I use a medium with high defenses as main.

Equipped with Rifle (Lamp) Battle Rifle (UBR), Laser Rifle (The 40 Shot mini Sawa) and a Pulse MG (Arachide). All tied to a subcomputer. That needs some energy. The Shinatsu simply uses too much Energy for such a build, so that I go with the Asagao Modells.

There are builds with less energy intensive equipment where I can use the Shina again, but not in my main.
#9obliviondollPosted 10/11/2013 2:13:34 PM
ElimRawne posted...
Laser Rifle (The 40 Shot mini Sawa) and a Pulse MG (Arachide).

THESE are why you need the energy.

And in that case, I totally agree that it's a better booster for your build, but with how I build my ACs, it's not as crucial to have the EN available for anything other than boosting. That frees me up to dodge more, meaning less damage taken, so I can afford slightly lower damage output from a lack of TE weaponry.
---
#10ElimRawne(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2013 2:26:07 PM
Well, I will try a build were I switch the Pulse MG for a Akigiri MDL 2 / Provo Handgun. That little thing is far better than it was in V.

I think with the 12 Shot Laser Rifle I can go with the Shinatsus. But quick dodges are a bit limited then.

Tested it: I can go 6 Times in a row till the 30% Energy message comes. With the Asagao I can do 18 to 19 Dodges until I get that message. Well, Have to test both Variations more in Combat, to see which fits me better.

So far I was fine with the Asagao. But it can't hurt to have more variations.

I'm a mid range fighter primarily, blades are not so for me, but I try to change that. Have two different blade configs, but use the new Buzzsaw like Laser Blade. One is a light bipedal, the other a medium.