Can't steal the powder kegs...

#1HellfreezesoveRPosted 12/3/2013 10:37:03 AM
Every time I hold B (playing with a controller) nothing happens, edward sort of freezes for a bit, but he won't pick up the kegs. I've tried doing this with a mouse & keyboard, reloading the game etc... Still can't get passed this because of the bug.
#2HellfreezesoveR(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2013 4:12:51 PM
I also cannot [Minor Spoilers] leave the island due to the British blockade. HELP!
#3StingyrayPosted 12/3/2013 9:20:32 PM
Perhaps a bug with the controller? Have you tried just using mouse and keyboard for that bit?
---
Gaming. Mac. Pick one, not both. -HappyKhicken
#4HellfreezesoveR(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2013 4:51:49 AM
Yeah I've tried using mouse and keyboard with it. No luck at all, I'm stuck in nassau :(
#5StingyrayPosted 12/4/2013 11:08:11 AM
When you say picking up the kegs. Do you mean physically picking them up and carrying them or the counter changing? Because in that quest you don't actually move them. All you so it hold the button and they disappear and you move on to the next. If that's not the case I am not sure. Maybe reset to the previous memory?
---
Gaming. Mac. Pick one, not both. -HappyKhicken
#6HellfreezesoveR(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2013 1:38:52 PM
I've tried resetting the quest, I still run into the same problem, and it's the quest where you're making a fire ship with gunpowder and some pine stuff (can't remember what it was called), I've to steal 4 kegs from the british, but when it says "hold b" or "hold E" to steal, nothing happens, Edward just freezes until I release the button.
#7Fade2black001Posted 12/4/2013 6:07:54 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8OrokenDuMongerPosted 12/6/2013 12:13:26 PM
I can't for sure testify this for PC, but many players on the 360 have been having this issue. They recently released a console patch 1.02 that addressed this issue on the 360, perhaps you guys are due for a patch as well.

It is a well known bug for the consoles that was addressed in the last patch.
---
One does not simply pass through the Omega IV Relay - CouchCommandoIV
#9R_Fated_CirclePosted 12/8/2013 12:04:54 PM
I had same issue, i quit out the game relaunched and for whatever reason the 2nd time it let me pick up the powder keg
---
Where's your passion fight like you mean it! "Hilde - Soul Calibur V"
#10ClaptonvaughnPosted 12/8/2013 7:20:15 PM
Did you turn off the HUD element that displays the "stealing progress" bar? It, along with other on-screen markers, is turned on/off by the setting called SSI or something. I have that turned off, so for this mission I thought something was wrong because holding the button a few seconds didn't work.

I turned the SSI stuff back on just to see what the on-screen prompt looked like, and it turned out it was actually working. It's just that it takes much longer than pickpocketing or looting corpses.