Does anyone know how I can put a save onto my steam version of AC4

#1MARKINGRAM22Posted 6/28/2014 4:06:18 AM
As I've written in another topic I was around 60% in completion and it's all gone...so I need some help with using another save(been finding them here and there and I put them in the save folder but nothing happens). I really need hep cause I want to complete the game. Is it possible to copy and past a save for the steam version I'm having trouble finding information. Feel free to pm me too.
---
"HEMP can't get you high unless you smoke a joint the size of a telephone pole!"-Dr. Ron Paul
3DS FC: 3823-8668-3794
#2Crimson PhantomPosted 6/28/2014 6:25:33 AM
Given the double DRM and how terribly intrusive origin is compared to steam I would say its probably not possible
---
i7 2600k 5.4 (!) GHZ | H70 Hydro Cooling | 1TB SATA3 6GB/S HHD | 8 GB DDR3-1600 Dominator Ram | AMD Radeon HD 6970 | 850W Power
#3MARKINGRAM22(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2014 11:24:26 AM
Then whats up with all these games save downloads I'm finding? Is there like a non Steam/UPLAY version or something? And there has to be a way so what happens if you back up a save and you get your data deleted.
---
"HEMP can't get you high unless you smoke a joint the size of a telephone pole!"-Dr. Ron Paul
3DS FC: 3823-8668-3794
#4DarknessWingPosted 7/5/2014 11:34:12 AM
My suggestion is to disable the cloud saving in Uplay client. This should prevent any problem with syncing that would lead to deleting the saves.

Unfortunately Ubisoft did not add Steam Cloud support for this game. I prefer Steam Cloud over other cloud saving since Steam always create 3 backup copies for each saves. One for backup, one for second backup, and one in the cloud. so if something happen to the first two, the cloud will sync it back. It is nearly impossible to have your save file corrupted in Steam Cloud and it nearly impossible to remove the save file from Steam Cloud