Will you be able to change to other ships? or will you only drive the jack daw?

#1revan292Posted 7/23/2013 7:00:48 PM
I never really got into the assasin's creed games, they were okay, but i tended to get bored quite quickly seeing as how easy they always were, climb up this, sneak behind him, hit a button, climb up again, sneak behind that guy, etc etc.
But i Love sea naval games, especially historical sail ship ones. (Loved Pirates of the Caribbean curse of the black pearl game on xbox)

anywho~ i was wondering if this "Jack daw" is the only ship you will be able to control in AS IV: Black flag,
I saw in the gameplay commentary video the 3 options after boarding and defeating a enemy ship's crew, there were 3 options to choose. One was to "capture the ship and send to "kenya's fleet". I don't know if this means you will be able to switch over to that ship and sail it or not.

If you can't capture and switch to any ships, then can you atleast choose to sail that "black ship" you apparently get from the pre order? or is that just something that will be added to your "fleet" as well that you can't use yourself?
---
Suicide is a permanent solution to a permanent problem, people have a right to die. You disagree? that means you're an idiot :D
#2bobbyrkPosted 7/23/2013 7:12:32 PM
Only the Jackdaw (it's one word, it's a type of bird kind of like a raven). It's Edward Kenway's (not Kanye) ship, like the Black Pearl is ostensibly Jack Sparrow's.

Sending captured ships to the fleet hasn't been explained yet, but it's likely a combination of things from the previous games, namely "recruits" you can send on missions and "convoys" you can use to generate income. But don't quote me on that, because as I said, they havrn't said what the fleet can do, yet.

The preorder bonus is just a skin for the Jackdaw, it's not an additional ship.
---
Behold the angry wizard putt-putt-putting away.
#3DonVito1990Posted 7/28/2013 12:31:27 AM
Yes, go forth and drive the jack daw.
#4JakesTablePosted 7/28/2013 12:40:07 PM
http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-ca/purchase/index.aspx

The Gamestop pre-order shows you can use a different ship, although it may just be a re-skin of the Jackdaw
#5Kooler2006Posted 7/28/2013 1:46:25 PM
JakesTable posted...

The Gamestop pre-order shows you can use a different ship, although it may just be a re-skin of the Jackdaw

It's the same ship, but just lets you change some of the appearances, such as the sail colors. Goes along with upgrading the ship and such. Jackdaw IS the ship you will use. Likely the only one you will control.

bobbyrk posted...
it's likely a combination of things from the previous games, namely "recruits" you can send on missions and "convoys" you can use to generate income

I expect it to be exactly this.
---
XBL: Kooler2
Dattebayo!!