Game breaking bug? Lost the ability to use blowpipe and hidden blades

#1Split InfinityPosted 10/29/2013 12:09:22 PM
I'm not sure what I'm doing or did wrong, but after finishing Templar Hunt 1 mission set after I beat the game, I cannot use hidden blades anymore, and I cant use the blowpipe.
- In the dpad tool/weapon selection I can't select hidden blades cos they're simply not there.
- And while I have both berserk and sleep darts, I can't use them because Edward isn't equipped with blowpipe (usually seen worn on his back).

What or where do I go do reacquire these, if possible?

Note that I tried replaying the mission where you acquire a blow pipe, and while I *can* use both hidden blades and blowpipe on the mission, both are gone when I finish the memory.
#2Split Infinity(Topic Creator)Posted 10/30/2013 8:33:35 AM
Input from people who experienced the same thing would be appreciated, or perhaps suggestions on how to fix it.
#3jab1967Posted 10/30/2013 8:42:05 AM
Throwing Knife seems to disappear too...

I'm early in the game and I used my throwing knife and could not retrieve it...being chased by soldiers.

Then went to the General Store and could not replace or buy one! WTF??
#4xXPUNlSHERXxPosted 10/30/2013 9:14:50 AM
Just common bugs with every game release. I'm sure it'll be patched soon.
#5SejkelPosted 10/30/2013 10:50:00 AM
Same thing happened to me after, one of the diving bell missions, and now I can't get the optional objectives of the mission I am on. I opened a ticket with Ubisoft, I ll let you know when they answer
#6N7Spectre707Posted 10/30/2013 10:53:38 AM
Yeah it's very important to report these issues directly to ubisoft as well, so they are aware of the issues and can release a patch.
---
"I saw GAMEFAQs with faqs being spelled like faqs instead of facts I figured poor grammar to be welcomed"
-MiKe345675
#7N7Spectre707Posted 10/30/2013 10:58:05 AM
As a precautionary step to those not effected,

The game saves can be copied to other memory devices. If you have a USB or memory card, you should try to semi-frequently back up your save file when you finish a gaming session. If you ever run into a bug like this, simply reload your backup save.
---
"I saw GAMEFAQs with faqs being spelled like faqs instead of facts I figured poor grammar to be welcomed"
-MiKe345675
#8SejkelPosted 10/30/2013 12:04:06 PM
Ubisoft contacted me:

Please visit and store and ensure that you have ammunition for the blowpipe.

Select the a dart by pressing Right on the D-Pad. Approach a guard until he is highlighted and press Triangle.

If you absolutely cannot use it, could you please provide a video of the footage. Include in the footage what happens when you try to use the pipe using L1 to aim and R1 to fire and also what happens when pressing triangle.

Will be taking the video now, if any other ppl have the same prob as us, please make avideo too, the more proof the better
#9N7Spectre707Posted 10/30/2013 12:09:28 PM
Sejkel posted...
Ubisoft contacted me:

Please visit and store and ensure that you have ammunition for the blowpipe.

Select the a dart by pressing Right on the D-Pad. Approach a guard until he is highlighted and press Triangle.

If you absolutely cannot use it, could you please provide a video of the footage. Include in the footage what happens when you try to use the pipe using L1 to aim and R1 to fire and also what happens when pressing triangle.

Will be taking the video now, if any other ppl have the same prob as us, please make avideo too, the more proof the better

The key is that they need to be able to replicate the bug, so make sure to detail what you were doing just before the bug happened as well.
---
-MiKe345675
#10SejkelPosted 10/30/2013 12:23:18 PM
Already told them that, I realized it might have happened when after using the Diving Bell in a Smuggler Den, I rushed in the captain's cabin for equipment as a ship was nearby full that I after attacked