Locate James Kidd is impossible (spoilers)

#1GAIRIRETTPosted 10/31/2013 2:36:09 AM
So I'm at the part where you're meeting James Kidd at what I'm assuming is an Assassin hideout since they're everywhere and it's physically impossible. The time the assassins turn around at and the paths they take make this stupidly impossible. This isn't even supposed to be a challenging thing yet I'm having insanely trouble with it.
#2GAIRIRETT(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2013 2:38:47 AM
Just found out you can knock people out without killing them, after 30 minutes. Who's stupid? I'm stupid.
#3vanitas11Posted 10/31/2013 8:46:48 AM
THIS MISSION IS TOO DIFFICULT!!!
---
abyssus est alius populus~
#4vanitas11Posted 10/31/2013 8:53:43 AM
can someone please help? i cant seem to get past this mission. everytime i try to knock someone out i always get caught. Please help I've been stuck here for an hour
---
#5N7Spectre707Posted 10/31/2013 9:01:39 AM
This mission isn't that hard. Stay in the bushes, silently knock out guards who aren't in direct sight of other guards, move on. Also notice that there are a few paths you can take to go around groups of guards.
---
"I saw GAMEFAQs with faqs being spelled like faqs instead of facts I figured poor grammar to be welcomed"
-MiKe345675
#6AconformistPosted 10/31/2013 9:06:00 AM
I'll admit it can be tricky at first. You kind of have to go around the guards, don't try to sneak up through the middle.

Be patient. Wait to see the guards patrol patterns before you move. Sometimes it's best to not go for the knockout but to just run past the guard before they turn around. You'll get it eventually.
#7krosieangel gfPosted 10/31/2013 9:06:59 AM
N7Spectre707 posted...
This mission isn't that hard. Stay in the bushes, silently knock out guards who aren't in direct sight of other guards, move on. Also notice that there are a few paths you can take to go around groups of guards.

It took me 5 times right before you meet Kidd. The rifleman next to where you had to jump to kept seeing me either when I took the two guards out stealthily or when I tried jumping across but apart from that it was easy if you just knock everyone out from bushes or stay in the trees
#8vanitas11Posted 10/31/2013 9:07:56 AM
but everytime I knock out a guard they always detect me even though they their backs are turned. I really like this game but not getting past this mission is really getting on my nerves. :(
---
#9N7Spectre707Posted 10/31/2013 9:13:54 AM
vanitas11 posted...
but everytime I knock out a guard they always detect me even though they their backs are turned. I really like this game but not getting past this mission is really getting on my nerves. :(

Are you just running up to the guard and knocking him out in the open? You need to be concealed in bushes, get close, and when no one is looking pull the guard into the bushes silently. Hell, sometimes I did that even when another guard was facing me and didn't get detected.
---
"I saw GAMEFAQs with faqs being spelled like faqs instead of facts I figured poor grammar to be welcomed"
-MiKe345675
#10vanitas11Posted 10/31/2013 9:18:48 AM
N7Spectre707 posted...
vanitas11 posted...

Are you just running up to the guard and knocking him out in the open? You need to be concealed in bushes, get close, and when no one is looking pull the guard into the bushes silently. Hell, sometimes I did that even when another guard was facing me and didn't get detected.

I knock someone out when no one is looking bt somehow it fails the mission. Could it be that i should knock them out when they're not facing towards me? Something like whistle, wait for them to turn around then knock them out?
---