How do you use the mortars?

#1DizzeeGeorgeePosted 11/1/2013 2:53:39 AM
For the whole game ive had them but not once have i used them on the jackdaw because i dont know how to!
#2dragoon9191Posted 11/1/2013 2:55:21 AM
hold LB to aim then hit RT to fire them
#3killpayPosted 11/1/2013 2:58:13 AM
Also for anyone that doesn't know, to use heavy shot, look to the side of your ship and press RT without holding LT. For some reason the game didn't tell me how to do that!
#4DizzeeGeorgee(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2013 1:14:07 PM
Thanks
#5SuperVegito2487Posted 11/7/2013 4:01:41 PM
killpay posted...
Also for anyone that doesn't know, to use heavy shot, look to the side of your ship and press RT without holding LT. For some reason the game didn't tell me how to do that!

yeah agreed... BUT i think i get why now.

heavy shot is short range and holding LT is targetting for long range

LB is the bincoluar thingy which is long range scanning, and mortars are long range..

still annoyed but now i know WHY which is of big importance for me.
---
Adam Savage: LET'S PILLAGE
Tory Bellici: I don't think that's legal in California
#6Squall954Posted 11/7/2013 4:54:11 PM
SuperVegito2487 posted...
killpay posted...

yeah agreed... BUT i think i get why now.

heavy shot is short range and holding LT is targetting for long range

LB is the bincoluar thingy which is long range scanning, and mortars are long range..

still annoyed but now i know WHY which is of big importance for me.

RB is for the scope, not LB.
#7dngn_rdrPosted 11/7/2013 4:55:07 PM
The spyglass (aka binocular thing) is RB, not LB, though both zoom in so that could be why you're getting mixed up. Mortars have a far greater range than cannons so are often a good opening shot before you're in range of cannons.