Can you change your ship's class?

#1Blaise97Posted 11/2/2013 6:28:59 PM
I've had the stupid Brig for awhile now. I dislike merchant ships. I prefer bigger ones. (i.e. Galleons, manowars etc.)
I've only found that I can change the figurehead and the sails and crap. Thats all fine and friggin dandy. but for gods sake. I for the life of me want to change the ships freakin body.

When I was recruiting pirates the game says that the bigger the ship the more members you need. Doesn't it hint that you can change class?
#2JackSolomonPosted 11/2/2013 6:31:36 PM
Nope. Apparently, you need a certain number of crew to board certain vessels. The bigger the ship, the more crew you need. I don't know that's the case for certain because I've never been kept from boarding a ship, since they practically throw new crew at you.

Still, you do not upgrade from a Brig. The Jackdaw is the Jackdaw, end of story. You DO get to pilot significantly bigger ships for a few missions later on, though. So you'll get a taste of what it's like.
#3Blaise97(Topic Creator)Posted 11/2/2013 6:40:24 PM
JackSolomon posted...
Nope. Apparently, you need a certain number of crew to board certain vessels. The bigger the ship, the more crew you need. I don't know that's the case for certain because I've never been kept from boarding a ship, since they practically throw new crew at you.

Still, you do not upgrade from a Brig. The Jackdaw is the Jackdaw, end of story. You DO get to pilot significantly bigger ships for a few missions later on, though. So you'll get a taste of what it's like.

So I can't make it's body bigger AT ALL?
#4thisawesomedudePosted 11/2/2013 7:55:35 PM
Blaise97 posted...
JackSolomon posted...

So I can't make it's body bigger AT ALL?

Did you not read what you quoted? Not being a dick but the jackdaw is fine as is once upgraded.
---
Wolfman Jack says this is a signature baby!
#5The Steel PhantomPosted 11/2/2013 7:58:39 PM
Correct. You cannot upgrade the body/frame to be larger, or upgrade the ship itself to a new ship. The Jackdaw is the Jackdaw.
---
~ The only difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. ~
#6Gnosis_Guyver1Posted 11/2/2013 8:11:59 PM
you want a man o war sure there powerful but slower than dirt yu wil know since in one mission you use one
---
Nothing is true everything is permitted.