white whale and humpback whale location?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
  3. white whale and humpback whale location?
2 years ago#1
im around 37% complete and i'm all ready for hunting a white whale with a fully upgraded harpoon.
i just cant find one. the only thing on my map is everything other than the humpback and white whale. do they pop on the map or do i have to find them.
"I don't worship Satan, I just think Satan is really awesome."
2 years ago#2
They are random events if you connected the the Ubisoft network. Capturing forts help find them faster I think, it will at least show the ones friends find
PSN: UnseenTraveler
2 years ago#3
I found one around 202,111 about 10 minutes ago.
2 years ago#4
Yesterday, someone on my FL found one, so it showed up on my map. I couldn't kill him because neurher my rowboat nor my harpoons were upgraded enough. I randomly ran across another one today.... and you guessed it... everyone on my FL had it show up on their map. :)

This time though I had prepared by fully upgrading my harpoons and boats. I killed that sucka. :)

BTW... I'm only in sequence 3, so I haven't defeated any forts yet. Sorry for raining on that theory. :(

Humpbacks are somewhere down south IIRC from some site I looked up.
There's no zodical sign called Nesbitt.
GT: Dr Nick 1971
2 years ago#5
I just killed two humpbacks, south east section of the main map.

I'm going to assume they're consistent across all games.
Jill Valentine > You
2 years ago#6
I believe humpback whales are consistent in location as well as the others with the exception of the white whale.
2 years ago#7
I found a second white whale around 454,838.
2 years ago#8
slickwilly13 posted...
I found a second white whale around 454,838.

They are fairly random in locations and times. They also only last about 10 real-time hours in each location. So coordinates where you found a white whale is not terribly helpful to others... unless those folks are on your FL, as it shows up on their sea map as well.
There's no zodical sign called Nesbitt.
GT: Dr Nick 1971
  1. Boards
  2. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
  3. white whale and humpback whale location?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived