shady business

#1bkwfPosted 11/6/2013 12:11:54 PM
A lot of people seem to have trouble with shady business. I don't why. I've tried everything to screw it up - letting him escape - even letting my boat be destroyed. I've found the contract was always there. When you first arrive and the green area he doesn't show up. You have to find out which boat he is on. So start attacking. Then eventually he turns up on a boat, Seems to be random which ship. But he is there. I don't see what the problem is.
#2xRyukenxPosted 11/6/2013 2:27:59 PM
He tries to run to a cove with a frigate and if he makes it there they destroy you and he goes to shore. Then it tells you to try again and when you go there it is a marker to kill him on the dock but the ship and person are gone. It is a glitch, and SUPER ANNOYING. I won't even play until it is fixed. I DO NOT WANT TO START OVER, I am 20% done!!!
---
Allow me to give you the finger! The Darkness Finger, that is!!! - Master Asia, Dynasty Warriors Gundam
#3bkwf(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2013 6:54:48 PM
xRyukenx posted...
He tries to run to a cove with a frigate and if he makes it there they destroy you and he goes to shore. Then it tells you to try again and when you go there it is a marker to kill him on the dock but the ship and person are gone. It is a glitch, and SUPER ANNOYING. I won't even play until it is fixed. I DO NOT WANT TO START OVER, I am 20% done!!!

Well if you have high level ship. Just attack the frigate. You can run the smaller boats over - they only level 4. There is only one frigate and it Is pretty weak. - As soon as you get the message. Race towards him. You can pretty much wipe his boat out in 2-3 shots. It's done and dusted. He simply doesn't stand a chance.
#4xRyukenxPosted 11/6/2013 7:54:17 PM
Doesn't help if he escapes the first time you try it, not expecting to battle tons of ships...
---
Allow me to give you the finger! The Darkness Finger, that is!!! - Master Asia, Dynasty Warriors Gundam
#5bkwf(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2013 8:00:12 PM
xRyukenx posted...
Doesn't help if he escapes the first time you try it, not expecting to battle tons of ships...

Doesn't matter if he escapes or your boat gets sunk. You just fast travel back to the port and then come back to start again. Head straight to red skull is and where the boats are and start attacking.
#6xRyukenxPosted 11/6/2013 8:39:49 PM
There is no red skull, it says he has disembarked the boat and is standing on the dock but there is nobody there. The marker is a small red circle.

This is a glitch, tons of people are having it and not only does it keep you from getting 100% but it also has a giant red marker on your screen at all times directing you to an invisible Juan Whatever standing on a dock with no way to kill him or end/restart the mission. Fast traveling does nothing, nor does quitting and restarting the game.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/803769-*BUG-REPORT*-AC4-Black-Flag-PS3-Assassination-Contracts-BROKEN-game-long-glitch!-Forums
---
#7xRyukenxPosted 11/6/2013 8:47:42 PM
It really sucks because I have already put 10.5 hours into the game and am 19% done so I don't want to start over so I am hoping for a patch soon but it has been like this since release day and there still has been no fix. I also do not want to continue playing because if they cannot patch it and I have to start over then I do not want to waste any more time on this file. Also, it is super annoying to play with a giant red dot bouncing around your screen at all times...
---
#8bkwf(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2013 9:13:32 PM
xRyukenx posted...
There is no red skull, it says he has disembarked the boat and is standing on the dock but there is nobody there. The marker is a small red circle.1

The message I kept getting was that he had escaped. Please try again later. No glitch for me. Makes me wonder. Why that is so and not for others. Honestly I tried everything to screw it up. Got noting about a dock. Strange. I had no issue by completing the contract.
#9Cyb0rg_RaidenPosted 11/6/2013 9:22:30 PM(edited)
The bottom line is, it's bugged for me and lots of other people and it needs to be fixed. It's that simple.

There's no argument. Everything that has been suggested has been tried and still not working correctly.

You're coming off like an ass now thinking that we can simply restart it with no problems when that's exactly the problem right there because nothing seems to work to activate it again.