Naval missions?

#1DrNick2008Posted 11/8/2013 7:39:21 AM
I'm sorry if this a stupid question... but here ya go.

How do these "Naval Missions" work? Are they similar to sending out of Assassins in ACB and ACR?

How do increase their likelihood of success? The first (and only) one on my map shows about a 20% chance of success (the one to St. Augustine).

Is there anything else I should be aware of regarding these missions? Spoiler-free, please. :)
---
There's no zodical sign called Nesbitt.
GT: Dr Nick 1971
#2bobbyrkPosted 11/8/2013 7:48:23 AM
Can't speak for the Kenway's Fleet stuff, since I can't do that (my Xbox isn't hooked up to the Internet).

The Naval Contracts are short missions with a bit more depth than the Assassin Contracts.
---
Behold the angry wizard putt-putt-putting away.
#3Deku20Posted 11/8/2013 7:50:04 AM
Supposedly, having a greater number of friends that play this game increases your ability to complete missions.

Ships also have levels attached to them, that affect their abilities. Use your telescope to see the ship's level before you decide to capture it and send it to your fleet, and that bit of discretion will allow you to complete missions more adequately.

Also, keep in mind that different ships are better suited for different missions. Small ships like gunboats will not be able to hold their own for very long.

Lastly, make sure to repair your ships using the X button.
#4DrNick2008(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2013 9:12:13 AM
Deku20 posted...
Supposedly, having a greater number of friends that play this game increases your ability to complete missions.

Ships also have levels attached to them, that affect their abilities. Use your telescope to see the ship's level before you decide to capture it and send it to your fleet, and that bit of discretion will allow you to complete missions more adequately.

Also, keep in mind that different ships are better suited for different missions. Small ships like gunboats will not be able to hold their own for very long.

Lastly, make sure to repair your ships using the X button.

So, if I only have a few friends playing, my chances at doing these Kenway Fleet naval missions is low?

On a little hunting run, I just captured (sent to Kenway's Fleet) 17 ships. I kept all the Frigates and Brigs, and salvaged for gemstones all the schooners. Will that help my chances to complete those missions? Should I keep any schooners? I never get gunboats because they all implode on a single attack.

What do you mean "repair" the ships? Do you mean when they initially arrive at the docks? There was no option to do so, I think -- if there was, I didn't see it. OR... do you mean after they come back from a Kenway Fleet mission?
---
#5viperxtremeus81Posted 11/8/2013 2:30:43 PM
I'm currently stocking my fleet with Man-of-War ships. I still need that last treasure map the fleet is supposed to return with, which the route needs to be unlocked first.
---
Xbox Live: Noah C Kent
#6kunel_sandersPosted 11/8/2013 4:59:50 PM
for kenways fleet a little tutorial

there are 4 ships: schooner, brig, frigate, man o'war. with each ship there are 2-3 different levels. ex. for man o'war there are lvl 34, 40something, and 60. the bigger the ship and its level the better its overall stats. (shoot for a full fleet of lvl60 man o'wars. can get them from pirate hunters at 4x wanted levels)

while friends do help you can do all the missions without them.

to better your odds you have to make the route safe. to do this you have to fight navel battles by highlighting a yellow, orange, or red route and pressing y. to have a better chance of winning you should have strong ships fight and select up to 3 ships to fight. select more ships to fight by scrolling left/right, pick a ship, then scroll down and repeat till you have 3 ships. if your odds are still bad you need stronger ships.

make sure each ship is at full health by selecting said ship and pressing x. it will ask you to confirm if you would like to heal.

you need gems to heal. you get these by winning the navel fights or by salvaging ships.

generally you want to salvage weak ships but keep the strong.

to unlock more ships for your fleet you will also need gems.

i think thats all there is to know about that.
---
Poopie (>^.^(>^.^)>
everytime you try to drag real physics into a discussion about fantasy games, A KITTEN DIES.
#7DrNick2008(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2013 5:21:10 PM
---
#8DBrentonbuckPosted 11/8/2013 5:57:41 PM
At first you may think it is a waste of your time being that in the beginning you only make 100 or so a mission, but stick with it and later you make a lot more doing this.
---
http://www.examiner.com/sports-games-in-cincinnati/d-b-buckner