Upgrading the Jackdaw and Legendary Ships

#1bookewormPosted 11/11/2013 6:06:14 PM
Ok, so something I noticed about upgrading the Jackdaw...

I went after El Impoluto with only one missing upgrade: the Elite Fire Barrel Storage. I hardly use fire barrels anyway, so I figured great loss. I got trounced 7 times in a row.

Bought the Fire Barrel Storage, and all of a sudden I can beat the legendary ships on the first try with 3/4 of my health left.

I believe that having all of the upgrades to the Jackdaw improves EVERYTHING about the ship. It got faster, turned better, and every attack became stronger having all of the upgrades.

Anyone else noticed this?
---
"Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away."
#2Master_Norris69Posted 11/11/2013 6:07:08 PM
no
---
It's pretty clear isn't it? We failed once. We failed twice. We must fail AGAIN!
#3Koelker12Posted 11/11/2013 8:53:27 PM
Perhaps it raises your Ship's total level or something? I don't know. I've only killed the Ghost Ship, though I wasn't maxed out. I guess I got lucky.
---
http://roguereview.blogspot.com/
#4Uchiha_HaiPosted 11/11/2013 8:56:54 PM
It's all in your head man. I beat all of the Legendary ships with most of the elite upgrades missing.
#5InaraPosted 11/11/2013 9:13:13 PM
I didn't notice a difference once I got all of them.
---
GT: BaronInara
RAMIREZ! Take that RPG and shoot that wall o' text. WE'RE OSCAR MIKE - Cards_and_Hats
#6bookeworm(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2013 8:26:44 AM
Eh, must just be in my head :-) oh well!
---
"Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away."
#7Jonsnow1Posted 11/12/2013 9:13:28 AM
Actually the same exact thing happened to me, I had all upgrades except the elite fire barrel storage. I was missing it because you get it from the kenway fleet thing, which I never did at all so at that point, and I tried fighting the the impluto and it killed me so did the twins but I came close on them. Said forget it when and did some other stuff include the kenway fleet and got the one missing upgrade. Went on to beat all 4 first try with minimal trouble. Only the one with armor took 2 tries, I watched a video on ramming it, did what that guy did and won with ease compared to how I was destroyed not long before. Didn't think anything of it but it could be you maybe get a little all around bonus when you have everything like you said. Or it could just be coincidence.