Best sword and pistol?

#11DrNick2008(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2013 1:10:03 AM
mitchellfoxx posted...
That's why I didn't say "Captain's Wheellock Pistols" and said "Captain Flintlock Pistols (Damage 4 / Stun 4 / Range 4). Balanced pistols, imo. I used them for a bit.

I said multiple times, I'm only in sequence 5. I have never seen those in the stores. Where does one find them? Or are they some DLC/purchased content pistols?
---
There's no zodical sign called Nesbitt.
GT: Dr Nick 1971
#12th3warr1orPosted 11/12/2013 1:27:10 AM
Fepozopo posted...
Officer's Rapiers are the best.

Highest speed and combo -- the only two stats that matter.

I thought it's been established that lower combo stats were better in ACIII. Did they change that in this game?

Never heard of that. How would lower combo be better?
---
Sh'ma Yisroel atem k'rovim hayom l'milchomo al oyvechem al yerech levavchem al tiru al techabezu v'al tartzu mip'nehem.
#13FepozopoPosted 11/12/2013 2:06:28 AM

From what I heard for ACIII, the combo determines the number of hits required to kill a target. So a combo rating of three requires to hit before you get a combo kill, while a rating of five requires five hits and so on.
I have no clue if that's true though. I never pay attention to the amount of hits before I kill someone.
---
http://i.imgur.com/vbVObCL.png http://i.imgur.com/f6EvUPl.jpg http://i.imgur.com/vYfOXxm.png http://i.imgur.com/YUIMjos.jpg
#14viperxtremeus81Posted 11/12/2013 2:48:19 AM
Pistol Swords & Gold Flintlock Pistols are all I use.
---
Xbox Live: Noah C Kent
#15th3warr1orPosted 11/12/2013 2:57:19 AM
Fepozopo posted...

From what I heard for ACIII, the combo determines the number of hits required to kill a target. So a combo rating of three requires to hit before you get a combo kill, while a rating of five requires five hits and so on.
I have no clue if that's true though. I never pay attention to the amount of hits before I kill someone.

I always thought it's the other way around now.

As in, the higher the rating, the lower the hits needed, and hence, the Scottish broadsword (with a rating of 5) activates a combo after 2 consecutive hits.
---
Sh'ma Yisroel atem k'rovim hayom l'milchomo al oyvechem al yerech levavchem al tiru al techabezu v'al tartzu mip'nehem.
#16RKO_ViperPosted 11/12/2013 3:53:59 AM
What exactly is a combo in this game?
---
A7X foREVer
#17Uchiha_HaiPosted 11/12/2013 3:56:01 AM
Don't worry about stats. Just use what looks the best.

And that's Toledo blade and Gold guns.
#18ghosta2Posted 11/12/2013 4:27:11 AM
In AC3 the higher the combo stat the more hits it took to initiate a kill move.

The iron blade club kills with 2 hits, but Washington' sword's kills after 5 hits. It's probably still the same, but it should be easy to test.

It doesn't really mater though as counters are 1 hit kills on infantry and agiles. Brutes go down by two break defense and a curb stomp and officers always take the same number of hits after a counter regardless of the weapon used.

For guns it's not that important as headshots are 1 hit kills. Infantry and agiles die from 1 shot regardless of weapon damage. I'm not sure about brutes and officers as I got the canon barrel before they started spawning, but will test if brutes still die from 2 shots with the weakest pistol and if officers still die from 1 shot.

Berzerk darts are superior as they cause the enemy to attack everyone they see. If they somehow manage to kill everyone else they'll still die when the duration expires.
---
"What is better. To be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort." - Paarthurnax
Gt: Ghosta2
#19th3warr1orPosted 11/12/2013 4:41:31 AM
ghosta2 posted...
In AC3 the higher the combo stat the more hits it took to initiate a kill move.

The iron blade club kills with 2 hits, but Washington' sword's kills after 5 hits. It's probably still the same, but it should be easy to test.

It doesn't really mater though as counters are 1 hit kills on infantry and agiles. Brutes go down by two break defense and a curb stomp and officers always take the same number of hits after a counter regardless of the weapon used.

For guns it's not that important as headshots are 1 hit kills. Infantry and agiles die from 1 shot regardless of weapon damage. I'm not sure about brutes and officers as I got the canon barrel before they started spawning, but will test if brutes still die from 2 shots with the weakest pistol and if officers still die from 1 shot.

Berzerk darts are superior as they cause the enemy to attack everyone they see. If they somehow manage to kill everyone else they'll still die when the duration expires.

I just checked the official guide, and it says "Combo: Swords differ in the number of hits required before Kenway can deliver a finishing blow. A high Combo stat will enable you to take down targets with fewer hits."

So yeah, I believe it's been switched around from ACIII.
---
#20DrNick2008(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2013 7:48:18 PM
mitchellfoxx posted...
DrNick2008 posted...
mitchellfoxx posted...
DrNick2008 posted...
mitchellfoxx posted...
Pistol Swords & Gold Flintlock Pistols.

End.

I said above that I haven't completed the naval contracts yet, and I'm only on sequence 5, so I haven't completed the assassin's contracts either. So, as I was asking which pistols are best for my point in the game (sequence 5), your answer is not helpful.

End.

Then use the Captain Flintlock Pistols.

If you mean the "Captain's Wheellock Pistols" (Damage 3 / Stun 1 / Range 3), how are they better than the ones that I stated above that I have equipped, the Cannon-Barrel pistols (Damage 3 / Stun 5 / Range 3)? ...especially since the "Stun" stat is defined as the duration of dazing when inflicted with a non-lethal shot?

That's why I didn't say "Captain's Wheellock Pistols" and said "Captain Flintlock Pistols (Damage 4 / Stun 4 / Range 4). Balanced pistols, imo. I used them for a bit.

You never said in where you got your mythical pistols. Lol

*roll-eyes*

I was waiting another overly snarky (and incorrect) answer... but none was forthcoming, probably because you "found" those pistols in Fantasyland. The AC4 wiki lists no such pistols, with no such stats. So, I believe your sarcastic response needs a follow-up.

*not holding my breath*
---
There's no zodical sign called Nesbitt.
GT: Dr Nick 1971