Social chest found!

#1MexiRicanMoFoPosted 1/9/2014 12:10:30 PM
Anotto Bay (621.277) inside smugglers den, just to the left of the ladder at the exit. Found at ~1pm central time (US) has a few hours left.
---
KCCO
#2Doofe_2012Posted 1/9/2014 12:42:56 PM(edited)
I'm not finding it. Can you be a little more specific?

Edit: You sure you didn't just find one of the actual buried chests? Because I know there's one in that place in about that same area, too.
---
GT: ColossusCHD
Playing: Assassin's Creed 4, COD: Ghosts, Mass Effect 3, Ghost Recon Future Soldier
#3MexiRicanMoFo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2014 12:51:30 PM
Well you have to use the diving bell to get into the smugglers den, when you get into the cave there is a ladder you can climb that will bring you back to your ship. Right at the base of the ladder, to the left, is where the chest spawns. Now it didn't show for me right away, in fact I walked around for several minutes waiting for it to appear and it wouldn't. By chance, I had a space heater plugged in that flipped a circuit breaker and shut off my xbox. When I got it back on, I was right at the dive sight again. Went back to den, and when I got there, saw the notification pop up that I found the chest, and there it was. Now I've heard that resetting/revisiting an area multiple times will make the events spawn. Not sure if it had anything to do with it. Also earlier today I cleared my cache. Not sure if that matters, but I heard a rumor that it does. I've been searching for these things for so long now I was willing to try anything. Again not sure if any of these things matter, but that was the exact process that got me the chest. I hope this helps.
---
KCCO
#4MexiRicanMoFo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2014 12:54:26 PM
This is the thread that led me to this location:
https://acinitiates.com/forum/discussion/4714/page/32
---
KCCO
#5MexiRicanMoFo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2014 12:56:20 PM
Doofe_2012 posted...
I'm not finding it. Can you be a little more specific?

Edit: You sure you didn't just find one of the actual buried chests? Because I know there's one in that place in about that same area, too.

Definitely a social chest. Blue icon on the map, no digging required. Unlocked the governors outfit as well.
---
KCCO
#6Doofe_2012Posted 1/9/2014 12:57:45 PM
That's weird. It just straight-up didn't show for me. Spent about 10 minutes just walking around.
---
Playing: Assassin's Creed 4, COD: Ghosts, Mass Effect 3, Ghost Recon Future Soldier
#7MexiRicanMoFo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2014 1:02:55 PM
Doofe_2012 posted...
That's weird. It just straight-up didn't show for me. Spent about 10 minutes just walking around.

Try resetting and revisiting. The rumor is that these events are server specific, and you need to be on the correct server to see them. Although there was one reported by several people yesterday at grand cayman, and none of the "tricks" worked for me.
---
KCCO
#8Doofe_2012Posted 1/9/2014 1:24:01 PM(edited)
Just did it, still not there. Honestly, this is hardly worth it. I really want the governor's outfit but I may just wait until they fix this. God, Ubisoft sucks.
---
#9streetvan1997Posted 1/9/2014 3:21:16 PM
To the person who didn't find it, welcome to my world! People finding them, friends on my list, and it not being shared, and it not being there for me, I look over and over, by resetting my xbox, unplugging it to truly turn it off, then sail to the location, not quick travel like 5 times and not there for me. THe game is so messed up. I don know how it hasn't been patched. DO you know the master list? anytime someone finds a chest, give the coordinates, or the island, and this master list just find the corresponding chest and this table couldn't make getting to tit any easier.

SHows pictures of the chest location, the coords, everything. even where to look if your searching, al possible spawn locations known.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvhhVsGK1kB-dHpXRXdvX01kUHVHcXhIZnRid2xIbFE&usp=sharing#gid=0