SPOILERS: What do u feel about the ending?

#1urashaPosted 10/29/2013 8:09:18 PM
HEADS UP: if you clicked on this and now are complaining about how i spoiled the game, its ur fault for clicking on something that said spoiler.

ANYWAYS I felt like the ending was sweet and left edwards story to a close and we get to jenny and a young haytham in a theater which is a nod to AC3. The modern part was pretty intriguing still hearing some familiar voices at the end were good enough to keep me content. I was a bit surprised because theres literally no cliffhanger in this game so we have no idea where the next may take place. Maybe they'll finish conners story? whats everyones thoughts?
---
my favorite video game characters are: sora, riku, zack, noct, altair, roach, lee everett, ventus, goku, vegeta. Psn Capt_decimo add me! :D
#2heyitsthatguy11Posted 10/29/2013 9:14:33 PM
I don't have the game (and won't have it till PS4 release), but can you tell me what happens with the modern day story? And was the game as a whole better than AC3?
---
Rebecca Emily Hollcraft (BECCA) is amazing. http://youtu.be/e9hRg-mW1u0
Favorite game? The World Ends With Persona 4
#3urasha(Topic Creator)Posted 10/30/2013 5:46:37 AM
heyitsthatguy11 posted...
I don't have the game (and won't have it till PS4 release), but can you tell me what happens with the modern day story? And was the game as a whole better than AC3?

its far better story wise in this one. more assassins and templar conflict. We see edward grow into the assassins robes instead of inheriting it(ezio), being born in it(altair), or being inducted into it due to the situation(connor). The modern day was insteresting the ending didnt have OMG ending but it give lil lil hints of what can happen next. This game basically ensured edwards story to a close really. Theres mentions of altair in this game, you hear shawn and rebeccas voices at the end saying good job to you. I wont spoil anything but honestly i give this game a 9/10 and it didnt have a cliffhanger.
---
my favorite video game characters are: sora, riku, zack, noct, altair, roach, lee everett, ventus, goku, vegeta. Psn Capt_decimo add me! :D
#4jamesjuhnPosted 11/2/2013 11:35:16 AM
urasha posted...
HEADS UP: if you clicked on this and now are complaining about how i spoiled the game, its ur fault for clicking on something that said spoiler.

ANYWAYS I felt like the ending was sweet and left edwards story to a close and we get to jenny and a young haytham in a theater which is a nod to AC3. The modern part was pretty intriguing still hearing some familiar voices at the end were good enough to keep me content. I was a bit surprised because theres literally no cliffhanger in this game so we have no idea where the next may take place. Maybe they'll finish conners story? whats everyones thoughts?

I don't know, I'm hearing a lot of people say that it's a cliche, happy ending, and in a way, they're right. But I do have a sort of bittersweet feeling about it though. Sweet, since in the mid-credits scene, we finally see Edward having settled down and with Haytham, which is a great Father-Son moment.

But also quite a bit of sadness since I know that Edward will be killed between Black Flag and AC3 (I have read Forsaken, by the way).

It really makes me wish that I didn't know anything about Ac3, and hadn't read Forsaken (If I didn't know anything about Ac3, and Forsaken, I think I would've thought it is a truely happy ending for Edward), knowing of the tragedy about to happen to his family sometime after this game, I did have trouble a bit with rooting for him in the game too.

And I personally think he deserved a better death than what he got in Forsaken, he was supposed to a badass assassin, but he was blind-sided and stabbed from back by 2~3 templars? Even if he had to die (since his death is how Haytham becomes a Templar), they could have shown in Forsaken that he still died while being a badass - going out in style (such as sacrifice his life to save his son from intruders etc.....)
#5Chr0noidPosted 11/2/2013 3:38:47 PM
Wait, what? Edward gets killed? What is this Forsaken you keep mentioning?
---
The original ending is like getting shot in the neck. The extended cut is like getting shot in the waist.-fennell92 on Mass Effect 3
#6jamesjuhnPosted 11/2/2013 3:50:42 PM
Chr0noid posted...
Wait, what? Edward gets killed? What is this Forsaken you keep mentioning?

Read Oliver Bowden's novel: Assassin's Creed: Forsaken (which is set after the events of the ACIV Black Flag). It details the story of AC3, but from Haytham's perspective. It also details Haytham's childhood life (before AC3 but after ACIV), of how Jenny gets kidnapped, how Edward gets killed (which I thought was a pitiful death), and how Haytham becomes a Templar.
#7Bigb131999Posted 11/2/2013 4:11:13 PM
Is edward still a pirate at the end?
#8Gmoney-Posted 11/5/2013 2:58:46 AM
Thinking they may retcon that book but who knows. Edward reception has been really good.
---
The fire baby, it'll burn us both. Always....and never.
#9AngryGFAQerPosted 11/5/2013 9:43:52 AM
jamesjuhn posted...
urasha posted...

I don't know, I'm hearing a lot of people say that it's a cliche, happy ending, and in a way, they're right. But I do have a sort of bittersweet feeling about it though. Sweet, since in the mid-credits scene, we finally see Edward having settled down and with Haytham, which is a great Father-Son moment.

But also quite a bit of sadness since I know that Edward will be killed between Black Flag and AC3 (I have read Forsaken, by the way).

It really makes me wish that I didn't know anything about Ac3, and hadn't read Forsaken (If I didn't know anything about Ac3, and Forsaken, I think I would've thought it is a truely happy ending for Edward), knowing of the tragedy about to happen to his family sometime after this game, I did have trouble a bit with rooting for him in the game too.

And I personally think he deserved a better death than what he got in Forsaken, he was supposed to a badass assassin, but he was blind-sided and stabbed from back by 2~3 templars? Even if he had to die (since his death is how Haytham becomes a Templar), they could have shown in Forsaken that he still died while being a badass - going out in style (such as sacrifice his life to save his son from intruders etc.....)

Jesus... now I'm depressed. I really liked Edward ._.
---
"I was garbage, the writing transformed," - Raiden
I'm Batman. I don't enjoy anything.
#10th3warr1orPosted 11/5/2013 9:54:07 AM
Gmoney- posted...
Thinking they may retcon that book but who knows. Edward reception has been really good.

They had better. His death was pathetic, and totally unbelievable.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/705969-assassins-creed-iv-black-flag/67719112
---
Sh'ma Yisroel atem k'rovim hayom l'milchama al oyvechem al yerech levavchem al tiru al techabezu v'al tartzu mip'nehem.