How do you use the swivel gun?

#1RyunipotentPosted 10/30/2013 10:40:17 AM
I'm trying to use it to kill sailors, but I press and hold it and it does nothing...... -_-. This mission will get a one star rating no doubt. They should have a better tutorial for the swivel gun. Could someone old help?
---
You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets! Work your butt off!
#2khain37Posted 10/30/2013 10:43:47 AM
You do this during the boarding process. The game does an awful job of explaning it.

After getting the ship damaged enough to board, press and hold O to pull up along side the ship. Edward should now be able to freely move around the ship and board. However, next to the ropes that you can use to board the ship the swivel gun is mounted on the railing. Walk over and hold O to interact with it (you should see an icon come up when you get near it, usually towards the back of the ship).

You should now be using the swivel gun which you can now fire at the deck of the boarded ship. You can actually capture the ship by using the swivel gun only and never once board the enemy ship. Hopefully this helps.
#3khain37Posted 10/30/2013 10:45:12 AM
I should also mention that you use R1 to fire the swivel gun just like you would the regular cannons.
#4Ryunipotent(Topic Creator)Posted 10/30/2013 10:49:49 AM
khain37 posted...
You do this during the boarding process. The game does an awful job of explaning it.

After getting the ship damaged enough to board, press and hold O to pull up along side the ship. Edward should now be able to freely move around the ship and board. However, next to the ropes that you can use to board the ship the swivel gun is mounted on the railing. Walk over and hold O to interact with it (you should see an icon come up when you get near it, usually towards the back of the ship).

You should now be using the swivel gun which you can now fire at the deck of the boarded ship. You can actually capture the ship by using the swivel gun only and never once board the enemy ship. Hopefully this helps.

you're a godsend thanks a lot man! This mission will still get a one star. You should be working for them doing the tutorials and explainations. ^_^
---
You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets! Work your butt off!
#5khain37Posted 10/30/2013 10:54:07 AM
Ryunipotent posted...
khain37 posted...

you're a godsend thanks a lot man! This mission will still get a one star. You should be working for them doing the tutorials and explainations. ^_^

Hah no problem. It's what message boards are for (that and trolling apparently).

I had to find it out the hard way though. I discovered it after the mission when I saw the Press O icon come up by the rope. I thought it was telling me i can press O to swing even though I can do that by just running at it.