Wow. Already stuck at the start of the game, bug?

#1khardboredPosted 10/31/2013 8:14:12 AM
After you're initiation on the island, when you follow the man in Havana, he stops and has me pick up a new sword. Well, I can't. I have nearly 7000 but once I am in the sword menu, I can't buy anything, can't back out, nothing. I can only sort the weapons. I've tried restarting the PS3 as well as even going as far as uninstalling the installed data, nothing.

Anyone else experience this? I can't find nothing online about it which leads me to believe that if it is happening to someone else, it's happening very, very rarely, if at all.
---
if (instr(buf,sys_errlist[errno])) /* you don't see this */
#2KoonezPosted 10/31/2013 8:15:22 AM
nope, it went smooth for me.
---
PSN - Koontez
#3OmenofFatePosted 10/31/2013 8:16:39 AM
im about 26 percent in and it has been perfect.
#4khardbored(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2013 8:17:42 AM
Wow. I am an idiot. Really, I am. I tried every single sword except for the one the game is telling me to buy. Right there, big yellow letters at the bottom of the screen it's telling me to buy the British Cutlass.

Yeah. This is one of those stories that never gets told, k guys?
---
#5k3g4Posted 10/31/2013 8:19:24 AM
I haven't had that problem at all. Make sure you buy the sword your are told to buy. You have to buy the British Cutlas. Throughout the game, these tutorials pop up with no warning to explain how to do things. The problem is your options are restricted while in the tutorial and with out any warning, its easy to get confused.
#6OmenofFatePosted 10/31/2013 8:19:36 AM
Have fun the game is amazing
#7k3g4Posted 10/31/2013 8:22:17 AM
khardbored posted...
Wow. I am an idiot. Really, I am. I tried every single sword except for the one the game is telling me to buy. Right there, big yellow letters at the bottom of the screen it's telling me to buy the British Cutlass.

Its not you, really. Its poor design on the part of ubisoft. They should make it clear when you're going into a tutorial. There was a time when I couldn't unpause the game and thought something was wrong with my controller or a bug in the game. It turns out there something I was supposed to do in the menu. I freaked out for a bit before I figured it out.
#8smajerePosted 10/31/2013 8:35:15 AM
khardbored posted...

It's our little secret. Just you and the select few who use the internet and have access to google. Your story is safe -- relatively.
#9khardbored(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2013 8:46:30 AM
Pfft. No one uses the Internet man. I can type faster than my hi-speed 300 baud modem. I can't wait 'till 14.4kbps modems become more affordable.
---
#10airtamisPosted 10/31/2013 8:52:27 AM
khardbored posted...

No problem man, I won't tell your story.

Because I did the same thing >.>
---
If it has at least two dimensions, and is visible to the human eye, someone is going to want to f*** it.- CalficerJenkins